• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question...

How should I wash MF cloths and terry towels that I use on automobiles? With detergent or without? What about hang dry or throw 'em in the dryer? Also, is it ok to put the Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Pad in the washer too? I have dropped it once or twice and don't want to make scratches on whatever I am washing.

Thanks in advance!

-Lydia
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

I soak my towels in APC overnight. If any stains are still on my towels after the soak, I apply a couple squirts of APC directly on the stain before the wash. I then toss them in the wash on Hot with detergent (Woolite). I've never had to agitate or scrub my towels, like some other people do. My towels still look brand new and are stain free.

I do this same process for both MF and Terry's but soak/wash seperate from each other.

As for the Chenille wash pads I dont' wash them, but I soak and clean them by hand after every wash. I will be interested in seeing what some of the other users do.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

I wash mine with Woolite, Microfibers/Water Magnets together and my 100% Cotton Terry Towels in their own load.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: question...

Originally posted by Lydia
        How should I wash MF cloths and terry towels that I use on automobiles? With detergent or without? What about hang dry or throw 'em in the dryer? Also, is it ok to put the Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Pad in the washer too? I have dropped it once or twice and don't want to make scratches on whatever I am washing.

Thanks in advance!

-Lydia
        Wash the MF separately from any other fabric, or you will get lint on them.
        I just throw mine in the washer at about 30C or 86F. I let them airdry, MF dry faster than normal fabrics. Oh and don't use any fabricsoftener when you wash them.

Comment

Hi Lydia,

I have been washing MF and Pads in the washing machine together.
          I use Tide HE liquid, setting washer to:
          Fabric - Delicate
          Wash/Rinse – Cold/Cold
          Options – Max Extract & Extra Rinse
          Dial set to Heavy Stains.
          Dryer:
          Temp - Delicate & Less Dry
          I wash & dry pads and MF together with no unfortunate effects to either product. My wife was kind enough to borrow me an old delicates bag that is mesh with zipper to contain the pads in the dryer. Pickup at supermarket in the soap section.
          Lydia over the weekend my wife prepared a huge of box terry towels that were just takin up space and all of my previous terry towel equipment I also donated to the Vet’s Animal Hospital. They were surprised and very happy. Not to be mean but terry towels are banded from my tiny shop as they have no value compared to what a product MF is in my shop. I also work in the arenas of stained glass, fine wood products and install/refinish wood floors as client’s commission me for their projects.
          If you can afford to for your business investigate and wait for sales of the sizes you use in MF and get 50/pkg. AD does have some very nice MF sales going on right now.
          I use 80/20 [light blue color] for light to heavy cleaning and 70/30 [bright green color] for all the fine work. All bonnets are 80/20.
          I hope I didn’t bore yu’all getting into the detail I did on this subject but we do deal with the details as our passion and doing laundry is kinda one them there dull areas where I would have rather have inserted some comical [detailing type] picture into the text but I don’t know where on the web to [borrow] such a funny picture. I don’t wanna break any rules here.
          The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

i just throw them in the wash just like everything else, except in a separate load. Use whatever detergent I have .. I've never been able to tell the difference. They've always come out looking as clean as new, and always have performed as well as before.

Comment

I wash my MF towels seperate from my tery towels, i use a liquid base for my washinig simply because i dont want any un-dissolved powder in my towels scratching my paintwork
              Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Ok thanks y'all!!

IBstoney1: don't worry, you didn't bore me at all, in fact I'm glad you went to the trouble of typing it out. I think I will take your advice as soon as I can without going broke, lol.

Thanks again!
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');