• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quickdetail then wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quickdetail then wax?

hi all,
    I have been using the search option on the forumn to find out if is ok to qd then go straight to wax? more specific would be my situation, I live in Houston TX temp today is 65-75 degrees (maybe a little warmer) I washed and clayed my white 02' impala last night but ran out of time to wax, now after washing and claying I had to drive home and to work today and then home again before I can apply the wax(60 miles total maybe less), no rain last night or today but the car is not garaged so it did have moring dew on it and it is pollen season(yellow dust all over cars) would MOL qd then move to cleaning and polishing and waxing or do I need to wash the whole car all over again? I have this problem a lot due to lack of time. any advice would be helpful, thanks

My recomendation is to wash the car again.Just because you will do it right versus using QD.I would polish it then wax.
    2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
    Show Car Detail

Comment

but paint cleaner-> polish then wax
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

If you have been driving around, washing would probably be best.

You might want to look into keeping a cleaner/wax, like A-12 or ColorX around for these moments when you are short on time, and need to get something on.
        Last edited by Murr1525; Mar 4, 2006, 03:38 PM.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the replys', I ended up washing the car and then cleaned the hood with DC#1 then DC#2, it of course was almost dark ! so I put a coat of ColorX on it with a old orbitial buffer just to get something on it, turned out o.k. but I wish I could get enough time to do all the right way all in one day! thanks again, and if anyone has washed the car the day before and then drove around then qd then waxed I would like to know the results say good and bad of it, I never could locate any threads using the search option so if anyone knows where a link is that would be most helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');