• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Red Corvette - Any Tips ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Red Corvette - Any Tips ???

I will be detailing my first Corvette soon as the weather here is finally starting to break and my friend has asked me to put her car in my schedule...I've done quite a few cars but never a Corvette so I'm just wondering:
    A: any 1989 Vette owners out there with any advice before I begin ?
    B: I've got the following arsenal ready to attack this beauty:

NXT CAR WASH
    PROFESSIONAL CLAY WITH QUIK DETAILER
    DC#2
    #NXT Liquid Wax
    Leather Foam
    Hot Shine Tire Spray
    Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
    NXT Glass Cleaner
    PC with 8006 and 9006 pads
    all necessary brushes, mf towels, applicators, bonnets, etc.

Obviously I will evaluate the finish before I begin anything...any suggestions etc would be appreciated...I will certainly post befores and afters..thanks in advance !!!
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

The corvette will detail just like any other car. It has base coat/ clear coat paint, same as other cars. Just evaluate like you would normally do. You'll just have more fun than doing any car!

There are a number of aluminium parts on the suspension and other areas under the hood, so make sure your cleaner works OK with that. For example, Meguiars Extra may cause some problems with aluminium. I did not see that on your list, but that's just an example.

Just treat it with TLC and you should be fine.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');