• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Clay, and to clean Swirl Mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockpick

Great posts Rockpick!
    You learn to become Great, by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Comment

...What is the real purpose of Mirror Glaze Hand Polish?
      or just polish in general!

Well, long story short, a polish is designed to leave a rich, deep, wet-looking shine to a painted surface. Many polishes have abrasives in them in order to deal with swirl marks and other surface blemishes. The Mirror Glaze Hand Polish that you've mentioned contains nothing to protect the paint though. This is why it would be necessary to follow up with some sort of protective layer (like NXT or Cam's suggestion of #16).

The clay and #9 are going to deal with your problems. Mainly stuck-on contamination and swirl marks. The #81 Hand Polish is going to make the finish deep, wet-looking, and glossy, the NXT and/or #16 is going to lock in all of the work that you've done to the paint to make it look good.

Wax sacrifices itself so that your paint doesn't have to withstand the full blow of environmental conditions.

That clarify it a bit more? Let me know if you have additional questions!

RP
      -The Final Detail-
      Lagrange, Kentucky
      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

ok, the final list
        1.Clay Magic
        2.Touch-Up Paint
        3.Meguiars Swirl Remover. #9
        4.Meguiar Hand Polish. #81
        5.Meguiars NXT
        6.S100

Q:how long should i wait between each steps?

Q:if i choose to do 2 coats of wax and leaving a few hours in between. do i just apply the second coast on the car, or should i clean the car before i apply the second coat?

Comment

forgot to ask this...

Q:May I clay my headlight? since there could be tree saab and other stuffs on it, too!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');