• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean Seat Belts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Seat Belts?

What do you use on them?
    SRT-10 Silver

I wouldnt want to use anything too strong... perhaps fairly diluted APC would be best, and then being sure to wipe off any excess.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey Newport Viper,

I usually use Meguiar's Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner

Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner

The key is to avoid getting the material too wet as it can cause staining. I will spray it on to a MF towel and then work it into the marks on the belts. I scrub with a fine brush and then throughly wipe dry. Again, as long as you do not get them too wet, it works fantastic!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi,

Can you use the above products on Vinyl interior?
        97 Altima GXE.....No Mods Yet

Comment

I think the Carpet and Interior Cleaner is best for fabrics.

However, #39 Vinyl and rubber Cleaner, or diluted APC can be used on vinyl interiors. Then add your favotire dressing afterwards.

Perhaps a search for APC and interiors will turn up some nice examples.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer1uk
            Hi,

Can you use the above products on Vinyl interior?
            Yes! However, I prefer using Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner diluted at 7:1 for cleaning the vinyl. Spray some APC on to a dedicated MF towel, and then wipe it down. Use a light bristled brush to get into any tectured material. You will be surprised how much dirt accumulates in the tectured dash etc!!!!

Follow with #40 Dressing. Apply with a foam applicator. Allow it to penetrate for ~ 5-7 minutes, then come back with another dedicated MF towel and wipe it down ion order to blend the sheen and make a more uniform look!

The #40 also has mild cleaners. So, if your vinyl is not in too dirty, the #40 may be all that you need!

All Purpose Cleaner

#40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi,

All these good products which Mequairs has is making me want to take out a loan just to buy all the products! My wifes going to kill me when she finds out how much i plan to spend on Mequiars products for my car /gulp
              97 Altima GXE.....No Mods Yet

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');