• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirty paint around trim and mouldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty paint around trim and mouldings

Hello guys.
    I try to keep my daily driver as clean as possible, swirls and scratches are almost unavoidable as the car sleeps on the street.
    But what really bothers me is this "crud" that has built up in the paint near the window mouldings and the side trim.
    I've tried to clay it, it doesn' seem to work. The car is silver metallic in color so it really stands out.
    What can I do to remove this !?!?!?!

Thanks

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Do you have or have access to a pressure washer?

Have you tried to work the wash mitt into these areas? (Wasn't sure if it's not coming off with a regular wash or not)

Aside from frequent washing and working your paint cleaners and waxes right up to the edges, it's tough to keep that kind of thing out of the edges on a street dweller.
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Well, yo ucould try something like the Meguiars Triple Duty detailing bruch, or Slide Lock brush.

Also could try making the clay into more of a point, thin stip on the edge, to force it into the crack.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys....but today I was trying to give it another go. Tried a little clay, ScratchX on a Q-Tip, APC with the Triple brush.....nothing.
        I figure that I'll have to remove the mouldings if I really want to clean it well.

Later,

Alex
        Mandarina Racing

Comment

I run into the same issue around the black plastic door handles on my truck. I use an old tooth brush and #39 heavy duty vinly cleaner. Cleans the curd out of the crevice and cleans up the handle

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');