• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using #83 with the Rotary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jeff,

No problem, I am glad I can help. Keep at it!!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

OK Tim, I finally got some time to start finishing this thing off.

The plan is
      1. #9/9006/RB @2.5 (1300 RPM)
      2. #66/9006/PC @ 3
      3. #81 by hand with High Tech Foam Applicator
      4. NXT/9006/PC @ 3

That should do it. Looking forward to getting done and getting beck into a maintenance routine. I have been letting the interior go and it needs help bad.

If you have any other thoughts on the plan as laid out I'd love to hear them. I would not mind conducting anymore experiments on the hood if you feel it might be beneficial.

I would have thought #3 with a 9006 pad would be a good final polishing but I guess at this point the pads are doing more harm than good.

I suppose NXT will likely be my best choice as a LSP. I can't say that it minimizes the effect of any micro-marring personnaly, but I have seen talk from others that in the opinion it does seem to help in this reguard. I hope so.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Sorry to jump in the thread again, but the Neg's site shows #66 as a Quick Detailer. Tim is saying to use it with the DA to remove minor marring from the Rotary? Am I looking at the wrong product?

Comment

Hey,

Meguiar's #66 Quick Detailer is a cleaner/wax. Please note the spelling with the added "C". People often get #66 confused with "Quik" Detailer detailing spray.

#66 Quick Detailer

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Jeff, most of the time I manage to get swirl-free result with M82/W9006/RB on horizontal panels. It's just occasionally I get very mild holograms from this step. This is only noticeable only when I shine my 40 lumens Luxeon LED torch onto the silver paintwork at night with dark surrounding. However when I start to shine my 300W halogen work lamp on it, the surface looks brilliant and perfect. Under the sun, it was overexposed and none of the holograms can be spotted.
            zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');