• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insane Shine repair/touch-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane Shine repair/touch-up

Folks I applied Insane Shine today and had it looking awesome as always. Then I was at the Marina and while backing up, scuffed the curb with the sidewall. No damage, just boogared up the IS real good. I need to fix that.

I usually don't mess with my tire shines once applied but have seen where folks use a couple of dedicated MFs to wipe off access after applying.

I was wondering if anybody has had any luck with using an MF to wipe off IS. I'd rather just do something like this as opposed to a full wash of the tire and re-application.

I am sure it won't hurt anything but don't want to end up with a crapy looking mess either, so I was hoping someone could chime in and offer up their experience before I touch this up.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

It's ok to to wipe off your insane shine with a microfiber towel, but it does get a little messy and smeary at times. Meguiar's always suggests just doing a good cleaning with Meguiars NXT Tire Cleaner to get them ready to apply new product. Yes it takes a little extra time, but your tire shine will last longer and look better on a nice clean tire.

Tim Larson
    Meguiar’s
    Customer Care Rep
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
    Tim Larson
    Meguiars Customer Care Rep
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
    Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

Insane Shine is a great product and is easily repairable with a little patience and a foam hand-applicator pad. In my Ram I tend to get into some curbs from time to time, especially in those small parking spots here in So. California. When that happens and I need to repair the shine, I just spray over the area scuffed and then wipe it even with a foam applicator, wait for it to dry and then evaluate whether I should apply another coat. I've found this is the quickest way to repair those scuffs.
      Chris Mills
      Meguiar's
      Surface Care Specialst
      cmills@meguiars.com
      800-854-8073 ext.171

Comment

Exactly what is the black stuff that comes out of a coated tire when you wipe it down.....it's really hard to wash it off from MF.

Alex
        Mandarina Racing

Comment

Hi Jeff,

From my experience, I would say that you would have difficulty trying to match the sheen that is already on the tire. When I use Insane Shine, I allow it to sit for about 7-10 minutes or so. Then I wipe it down with a MF towel. This allows me to achieve the sheen I am after. However, if you add product, after allowing it to be on the tire for a few days, you would have to do the whole tire IMO, otherwise, you may get a blotchy look. Just IMHO!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');