• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Birds & the Bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Birds & the Bees

I keep my car parked away from trees thinking that I've got a better shot at not being dropped upon. But the bees are almost as bad. At least I've been told its bee dung....little yellow circular droplets.....and they're though to get off. It usually takes two or three applications of QD to remove the stuff. Will letting QD sit a while longer make it easier to get off?

Mort (who wonders if the bees just like the NXT tech wax or if Meguiars is just sending them my way to sell me more QD )

why not try a bug and tar remover?
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

why not try a bug and tar remover?
      Hmmm, another bottle of mystery chemicals. I assume you are referring to the Gold Class product....do you know if it will remove the wax?

Comment

yep the gold class stuff
        heres how you use it

and i am pretty sure it removes wax
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks for that link sneek. Since these small droplets usually are spread out I don't think I want to re wax the car every other day. I think I'll give the QD on a towel semi-soak method a shot. I've noticed it's not just my car but every one parked in a two block area (at least I'm not being singled out) so I must be in a flight path or near a major hive.

Comment

Could it be pollen???? from trees and such??

Comment

Letting the QD dwell longer helps a little, especially if a spot is fresh but it’s still not enough to just wipe off easily. Last Touch seems to work a little better than Quik Detailer or #34. I haven’t tried Speed Detailer on bug poop.

Bug and Tar remover works well but will remove wax. If you think about, bee’s wax is a form of bug goo so it’s not surprising that products that remove bug spooge would remove wax and products that don’t harm wax aren’t too effective on bug poop.

I usually spot clay individual specs and throw a little wax on them. I also keep a bottle of #6 Cleaner/Wax handy for removing gunk that QD won’t dissolve and leaving protection.

PC.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');