• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

> > > Need Help with Deciding which products for the car < < <

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• > > > Need Help with Deciding which products for the car < < <

Hey guys, i am looking at the Meguair's Products for detailing my car. I have spent almost a day, looking up and down the website and I still couldn't decide which product to use on my car. I have an orbitor Polisher.

I have a few questions and many advices would be much appreciated

For Waxing:
    I am looking at the:
    1. Professional Synthetic Sealant
    The official site for Meguiar's Australia, the trusted experts in care care since 1901. Find all of your favorite Meguiar's products, plus tips and how-to videos.

2. NXT Generation Tech Wax Liquid
    The official site for Meguiar's Australia, the trusted experts in care care since 1901. Find all of your favorite Meguiar's products, plus tips and how-to videos.

Just like to know, which one will give the best finish? I am using this with the orbitor Polisher, so, I am not sure whether the NXT GEn Wax Liquid is suitable for it at all. Would the Professional product be better then the Retail's?

For Polishing:
    I am looking at the Speed Glaze

Any comments or Is there any other products (newer?) that i should be looking at?

Thanks

Edit: I am from Sydney, Australia. So, i don't think alot of the products avaliable in the state is avaliable here as well.

Re: > > > Need Help with Deciding which products for the car < < <

Originally posted by viper
    I am from Sydney, Australia. So, i don't think alot of the products available in the state is available here as well.
    Hi viper,

Welcome to the Meguiar's Online Discussion Forum!

I mostly want to welcome you, I'll let others chime in with their thoughts on your questions...

M80 Speed Glaze is a very versatile product by the way...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I really like #21. ie Synthetic Sealant.

#80 Speed Glaze is also very good.

I am not sure what kind of polisher you may be using, some are powerfull enough to remove swirls, some are barely enough to apply wax. So it is hard to say whether you will get the full benefit of a product like #80 or not, as far as swirl removal goes.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Basically, We havn't been waxing the car, (parent's) and I am just starting to detailing them now. I just had a quick look at the car, doesn't seem to have to many swirl marks on it, but there are dirts:

So, Preference is over Synthetic Sealant #21 then the NXT Gen Wax???

Comment

You would be surprised, but dirt can actualy hide a lot of swirls, so you never know what you may uncover once you start washing/claying.

Many a detailer gets told they "caused swirls" when really they just washed the car to show what the paint was really like.

But hopefully you are in good shape.

Nxt Tech wax is officialy the longest laxing wax, but #21 seems to last almost as long, and keeps up its looks better. Nxt takes a little bit of maintenance to look its best all the time, with QD or a spray wax.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What type of car are you going to be working on?

Someone might already have a process dialed in for that particular Make, Model , Year?
            SRT-10 Silver

Comment

The cars might sound abit funny in terms of what normally people will "detail"

But they are :
              1. Toyota Camry
              2. Toyota Rav4
              3. Volkswagen GTI

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');