• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mildew specks on auto finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mildew specks on auto finish

My white VW is always parked outside. Recently small black spots are appearing on some areas of the body paint. (I believe they are mildew or algae. House roofs here frequently have areas of growth on them)

Any suggestions on the best method to remove the specks?

Any suggestions on what to use to discourage these growths?

to MOL
    hmm never heard this one before but my best guess would be Quik Clay System'
    and Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner

as for prevension you could try keeping the car waxed, but i suspect the the mildew is falling from the roof so a maybe a car cover would help

i am just guessing here so you could call the customer care hotline
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: mildew specks on auto finish

Originally posted by whidbeylocal
      My white VW is always parked outside. Recently small black spots are appearing on some areas of the body paint. (I believe they are mildew or algae. House roofs here frequently have areas of growth on them)

Any suggestions on the best method to remove the specks?

Any suggestions on what to use to discourage these growths?
      Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Do you live close to an airport by chance? It sounds like some sort of industrial fallout. If the paint is in great condition, try using Meguiar's DC #1. Follow up with 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax.

Give that a try and report back!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');