• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Problem on 01' Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Problem on 01' Civic

Hello Everyone,
    Last weekend I spent 6 hours working on my girlfriend's 01' Honda Civic Lx. The car is a sand or gold/champagne metallic. I used Poorboys SSR 2.5 with a Lake Country Power Pad (6") on my PC at speed 5 on all panels. I then used Menzerna FP with a 7" Lake Country polishing pad on speed 5.5. My LSP's were one coat of Finish Kare 2180 Ultra Poly Wipe Sealant (applied at speed 2 with a Lake Country red finishing pad) and Finish Kare 1000P High Temp Paste Wax, which I applied by hand.
    The other day I look at the hood, roof, and trunk (which had the most swirls when I started thus I had done multiple passes with SSR 2.5), and when I looked I noticed that my swirls were still there! I am thinking of getting Meguiars Medium Cut #1 and use that with the orange Power Pad or a yellow Lake Country cutting pad.
    Is this a good selection? I have some DACP (a few years old) already, should I try this first? It seems like to me that Medium Cut #1 is a step above DACP and may do the trick. Is this safe to use with a PC? If so at what speed and what pad?
    Thanks,
    Gabe

Well, here are a few links to check out first...

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

And for when it is back in good shape:

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue