• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two clay questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two clay questions

First clay question: which is the more mild clay? The "mild" or the "smooth"? My paint is nearly show-quality so I don't want to get too aggressive with it.

Next question: Yesterday I did a full detail (without clay-#7, 20, 26), I assume I would need to reapply all of those after claying? Do I need to remove them BEFORE clay?

Thanks!

I think in order of aggression you have:

The mildest clay which is the one that comes in the consumer kits, (white).
    Then you have the Detailing Clay - Mild (blue)
    Then the Detailing Clay - Aggressive (red)

Yes, you will need to re-apply the polish and sealants, (#7, 20, 26). However, IMHO no need to remove them before hand.
    My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Comment

No need to remove them beforehand, but you will need to re-apply after. So you may as well enjoy your work for a little while before claying and starting over.

Just to note, Quick Clay and Smooth Surface Clay are the same clay, just in case you see one or the other in the store.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');