• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about nxt cleaning ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about nxt cleaning ability

if u was to use nxt wax (old formula) on a pc , would the cleaners in it take off all the wax/sealers that are under it?

i have a car id like to detail for spring, but its seen alot of polishing in the past and to be fair i dont think it needs #80

The cleaners in Nxt are very very mild, meant mostly for dust. It may remove some of what is underneath, but I wouldnt count on total removal.

You could always step down to #82 for a cleaner milder than #80.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

While there's not a lot of cleaners in NXT Tech Wax and what is in there is not formulated to go after the defects associated with neglected finishes, you always have to take into consideration the application process and the application material.

If you apply NXT Tech wax with a W-8006 polishing pad on the 5.0 speed setting and push down about 15-18 pounds of pressure on the head of the dual action polisher you're going to get a lot more cleaning action than if you apply NXT Tech Wax with a W-9006 foam finishing pad with about 5 pounds of pressure on the 3.0 or lower setting.

See the difference?

Most the time, like many other things in life, there are no simple answers, but there are always well-thought out answers.

Steve, if you apply the NXT Tech Wax with a W-8006 foam polishing pad on the 4.0 to 5.0 setting and work it in well, you will have effectively removed any previously applied wax that matters.

How's that?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ok i'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');