• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars #6

What exactly is #6 used for? Im not exactly sure on cleaner waxes.

I have a vehicle that has a coat of #7 and #26 on it after being cleaned with Zymol HD Cleanse.

Can #6 clean that coat of wax off and prep the car for a coat of #7 then #21? What i mean to say is that can #6 replace HD Cleanse? I use #80 on other cars but havent used it on this vehicle in particular.

Re: Meguiars #6

Originally posted by synacide
    What exactly is #6 used for? Im not exactly sure on cleaner waxes....
    Cleaner/Waxes do just that, clean the finish, removing contaminants, stains, oxidation, etc and leave a layer of protective wax behind. #6 is similar to A12, ColorX, or #66.

We talk about doing individual steps around here an awful lot but you don't always have the time or the need to do them separately. Combination products don't usually work quite as well as individual products but they can work very well.

#6 has been a favorite of mine for quite a while. I tend to use it for daily drivers, fast jobs for friends/family and when I need to clean something off a car but don't have time to do a multi step process.

...Can #6 clean that coat of wax off and prep the car for a coat of #7 then #21? ...
    Yes. In theory you wouldn't need to follow it with #21 but doing so would give that much more protection.

... What i mean to say is that can #6 replace HD Cleanse? ...
    I don't know how aggressive HC Cleanse is but #6 works great for me.

PC.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');