• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you clay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you clay?

I clayed for the first time about 1 month ago and was amazed at how it smoothed the paint. I always thought it was hype but after doing it i can see where it is a definate do product.

I was wandering how often you clay?

clay only as needed, when your paint has that less than slick feeling or you can see surface contaminants. If its smooth, clean and swirl free just go for the wax.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Hey,

In general, I usually clay when needed, which in my case (and my area) is about 2-4 times a year. I just love how smooth it makes the paint feel!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Like Tim mentioned, it's really to be used on an 'as needed' basis. In short, you should check out your paint several times during the year and see if that ultra-smooth feel is gone. If it is, it may be time to re-clay!

On average, I think I clay my truck 5-8 times per year. My frequency is dictated by the darn trees that I'm forced to mark beneath at work. Couple that with the fact that I'm VERY near major Interstates and have frequent, low-flying air traffic overhead, I find myself needing to do it more often than most.

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');