• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Detailing for new ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Detailing for new ride

Hi,

Long time lurker - this is my first post!

I'm going to do the first detailing (other than the dealer prep) on my wife's brand new 2006 Honda CRV (black on black cloth).

I'd like to hear suggestions and opinions on what you'd do and what you'd use!

Thanks!

You just need to stick with the basics... have you noticed any swirls, etc that came with the prepping? Hopefully none were instilled...

If you are working by hand, and it is in good shape, you can stick with mild products, like DC#1, DC#2, and the wax of your choice. (#21 in my book). Or something like ColorX can be utilized if you are short on time.

Give these a read over so you understand the full procees, and dont skimp on quality towels, etc. Black is unforgiving.

And dont forget to detail trim, tires, wheels, wheelwells, etc etc.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

How to Get Great Results Using Meguiar's Spray Waxes
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
      Give these a read over so you understand the full procees, and dont skimp on quality towels, etc. Black is unforgiving.
      I have a 2005 black on black leather Hyundai Sonata and it's my first black car and I've owned many other colors....patience, patience, patience is what you need to keep black looking it's best...I absolutely love the car when it's gone through the process of getting a complete detail from wash to clay to clean to polish to wax....I NEVER use anything but Mequiars MF towels, EVER...made ONE mistake and took me a while to "get the scratch out"...good luck and if you stick to the processes that Murr1525 referred you to, you'll be fine...
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Thanks!

I haven't noticed any DISO yet.....but I'm unimpressed with the dealer job. I'll be going over it on Saturday for a better look.

Right now I'm thinking 2 bucket wash & NXT is the way I'm gonna go!

Comment

You are going to want to try and clay, as well as get some clean/polish steps in there if at all possible.

Claying makes a huge difference, and even if you only have time for a cleaner/wax, like ColorX or the Cleaner/Wax, try and get those steps involved for best resutls.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');