• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping #21....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping #21....

In a recent Kick butt video, I noticed Mike topping the NXT with some #7 for a true wet look finish. I have made the switch to #21 and wondered if I would see the same benefits topping the #21 with #7 or is the #21 wet enough?
    "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
    Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
    www.mcmmotorsports.com

Re: Topping #21....

Originally posted by mcmmotorsports
    In a recent Kick butt video, I noticed Mike topping the NXT with some #7 for a true wet look finish. I have made the switch to #21 and wondered if I would see the same benefits topping the #21 with #7 or is the #21 wet enough?
    IMO NXT or #21 is a good way to go.... I believe the look of #7 will be short lived on a vehicle that is driven, might be good just before a car show but the look wont last.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze is a pure polish that when used on top of your LSP will add a little more depth for a car show etc, but it will not last long.

I prefer to use it before the LSP. It will still provide most of the benefit of the pure polish, but will be locked in by the NXT or the #21.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Mike did say it was good to use right before a car show.
        "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
        Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
        www.mcmmotorsports.com

Comment

Yes, for a car show, it would be great to use right before you go. It will add that extra "pop". However, like I said, you will still achieve the vast majority of the effect if you place it before the #21 etc as well. I have done that for years---placing #7 or #3 before the LSP. It works great!

Tim

Comment

I use #80 or #81 right before #21. Sometimes I top the #21 with NXT Paste. Tim can give you a link showing what his truck looks like after topping #21 with NXT Paste.

BTW, #21 looks wet enough all by itself. NXT Paste adds to the wet look though.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Wow. I was inspired to try topping 21 with 7 after reading about the "pop" effect described above. I'll let the picture here do the talking:

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                I use #80 or #81 right before #21. Sometimes I top the #21 with NXT Paste. Tim can give you a link showing what his truck looks like after topping #21 with NXT Paste.

BTW, #21 looks wet enough all by itself. NXT Paste adds to the wet look though.

RamAirV1
                Hey,

Here is the truck with #21 topped with NXT Paste Wax

Tim

Comment

Shew Tim, I'm always jealous of your clean truck!!!

I think I've said it before, but I'm a college kid and don't get much time to detail my truck, but come this summer.....

I still haven't gotten to try the ASD btw, I'm pretty anxious as my tonneau cover is lookin pretty bad. The natural shine just doesn't cut it. I'll have to really put the #39 through it paces first though!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');