• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swirl and scratch remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swirl and scratch remover

Hey, newb here, I know quite a bit about polishes adn waxes, but I have some swirls that id like to get rid of, but i dont want to use a polish, cause I know that it will remove the paint. I saw the Rxwax thing but it said that it was a polish/wax so will it remove paint, or will it just cover up the scratches I also saw the paint cleaner wax not sure about both but what do you guys recommend, and no polishes cause I have no idea as to how long I want to keep my truck.

I have tried the NXT Tech wax and ScratchX, and thats pretty much it, the Tech wax did wonders at first but I started to see the scratches, when I looked down the side of my truck, Also note that this truck will not be seeing any in the bed, it will be mostly show adn go.

Here's a combination that never fails: LOOK HERE

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Comment

Be sure to read this as well...

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

And once it is back in top shape:

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I red that, and it uses polishes, as stated above I do not wish to use polishes.

oh well i found something else from Megs that could help me, sorry for this useless post

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTooth
          I red that, and it uses polishes, as stated above I do not wish to use polishes.

oh well i found something else from Megs that could help me, sorry for this useless post
          When it comes to making swirls and scratches go away, you have two choices,

1) Remove them, then do your best not to put them back in again.

2) Fill them in and after you wash the car a few times they will show up again.

Best of luck to you...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

what would you suggest to fill them in, I dont mind doing it over adn over after ever so washes

Comment

i don't like the idea of "filling them" but i guess you could try filling swirls with #7 show car glaze. Please note that filling swirls is very limited

or you could remove light swirls with #9, #82 and #80
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

The best fillers are probably in some product from another company. Meguiars tends to believe more in removing swirls.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks guys for all you help

Comment

I saw your first post and yeah, I know that what most people want to have the best looking finish possible without removing any paint at all. however, as some websites say, that's practically impossible.

about the filling swirls part: non abrasive waxes (sometimes called mistakenly as "pure waxes") tend to fill minor defects like the swirl marks you posted on your first thread. however, if the swirls are very deep, they won't be very masked unless you wax very often. the problem here is, that when you want to make other jobs like polishing or pre wax cleaning, it might be a little more difficult than usual because of all the buildup that has been created.

also, waxes protect, but the paint will tend to oxidize; slower, but it will, so you will have to remove that, or else, it will get worse and might cause as a very bad consequence (long term problem), to repaint the car.

by the way, polishes are veeeeeeeeeeeery lightly abrasive, so if we talk about how much they remove paint, it's practically nothing. also if you work with pre wax cleaners, the amount of paint removed is very little. the only time when you should really think about this, is when you send your car to professional compounding or when it needs sanding, because the abrasives used are bigger. however, this cases just happen when you really don't take care of your paint at all.

Meguiar's products are very safe regarding to paint removal, even in the professional line. so you should try them without the fear of the big paint removal

hope this helps and by the way, if you have a clear coat in your truck, you must take a little more care of it, because they can make your car look beautiful if well maintained, and awful if you don't :P
                    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

yea I knew that i would eventually have to polish the paint. But thanks that info really showed some light. Today I picked up some Megs Paint cleaner and some of the swirls came right out.
                      Im glad that Im using Megs, this stuff surprises me everytime I try something new.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');