• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to forum need lil help with scratches(pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum need lil help with scratches(pics)

Hi, been surfin these forums on this site. Alot of good info . But im about to go out today and buy a few meguiar products like scratchx, cleanwax and the applicators at autozone if they have it all. But im wondering if that scratchx will remove these scratches or should i go out and buy a porter dual polisher. Heres the pics and thank you for your help

Sorry if they're big but its a new digital camera. I can barely feel some but the ones above my tire and one goin across my door i can jus feel a little bit.
    Last edited by scarface_; Apr 15, 2006, 07:21 AM.

I would still buy the pc you wont regret it I have a g-100 and just made the jumo to the rotary world (makita 9227) I would try scratch x on the spots work it in extremely well if that doesnt work you may have to go to the pc with the wonderful 80 series polishes 83 may take care of it, try scratch x first if you can catch your nail on it most likely they cant be safely removed or may require a rotary, if you get the pc you will never look back trust me a great tool. Any questions feel free to ask. Greg
    Last edited by 97t-bird; Apr 15, 2006, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Where can i get this g100 and how much is it? Thanks.

Comment

I would definately try some ScratchX, especially in between the door handle. More than likely those scratches were done by finger nails and should come off rather easily. As for the rest scratchx should do as good a job, but it may take more than one application to achieve the results you desire.

You should check out this link. Click Me

As far as obtaining a Porter Cable/ G-100a you could try Meguiars.com or ADS. I would recommend the G-100a, although it is the same machine, you can't go wrong with meguiar's life time warranty. Good Luck with your detail
        Last edited by Erik Mejia; Apr 15, 2006, 09:40 AM.
        Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

ugh guess i need to try the g100. Tell me if im doing this wrong..... i put it on with an application pad...rub it in with circular motions...then wipe off with terrycloth. Then i do it again and rub it in even harder and wipe off with terrycloth. When i rub it in seems like its going away on the little scratches then when it drys and i wipe it off its back

Comment

edit: found where to find porter ty
            Last edited by scarface_; Apr 15, 2006, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');