• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAPC use tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAPC use tips

Bit the bullet and bought the DACP this morning, some #83, extra pad pack, an ultimate bonnet, and some quick clay.

I intend to give the car a good washing, then clay it, then use the DACP and the #83 with the foam polishing pad to get out the swirls and scratches. Then follow up with a couple of coats of NT wax for protection.

But what pad do I use to apply the wax? (I assume I would use a clean polishing pad with the ultimate bonnet to remove wax...) Any good tips on how to best use the DACP?

Any potential hazards when using the 83 and the polishing pad?

I'm still learning how to use #83 DACP, but after seeing some photos of Mike P. working it in....I think the best way to handle DACP is to press down on the PC with moderate pressure until the motor starts to bog down just a little, and use overlapping passes until the DACP residue starts to lighten up, or fade away.

Use a dedicated W-8006 pad on the 5 speed setting.

I use the W-9006 pad to apply NXT with.

NOTE: #83 & DACP is the same product...Is it possible that you have a bottle of #82 SFP too?
    r. b.

Comment

1. #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish, W-8006 pad, speed #5-6, work product until it becomes a fine dust (like most products there is a learning curve, but the results are worthwhile)

2. #82 Swirl Free Polish: speed # 4-5

3. #9 Swirl Remover (polish) or ScratchX (polish/cleaner) (for clear coat) speed # 4-5
      Or
      # MPP Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (for single stage) (polish/cleaner) speed # 4-5

4. #7 Show Car Glaze or #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Yellow Wax
      Or
      #20 Poly Sealant

You can use the higher speed settings for the dual action polisher but remember that Meguiar’s foam pads and the backing plates are not really intended for use over the 5.0 setting, (and even this is pushing it). So use at your own risk, higher settings create a lot of heat between the backing plate and the foam pad and you may experience pad failure.

Always use the least aggressive product first, evaluate the surface, (only) then if necessary ‘step-up’ to the more abrasive products.
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');