• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Panels tight spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Panels tight spots

Have been reading posts here for about 2 months. I have learned alot and even gotten a little overloaded at times. But have not seen anything about what techniques are used for polishing small panels. Mainly on a convertible the window pillar, or the body panel btwn the windshield and convertible top. This area is concerning me the most. Of course I will be taping and covering top and windshield.
    A 6.5 pad seems a little to large. Does anybody use a 4 inch pad for areas like this?
    The car is a 2000 black mustang. I have ordered the G100, #83, #80, #81, and #21. This car has been somewhat neglected. Has moderate oxidation and swirls.
    Also how to polish spoiler and under door handles. And looking at the trunk lid it looks like I should probably remove the spoiler to remove the swirls and oxidation on this panel.
    Any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated.

I have to say I have ordered alot of Meguiar's products in the last 2 weeks. The forums here have had alot to do with it.

Hey NuthnFancy

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

Tight areas are difficult to buff. In most cases, I use a foam applicator and go over the areas with ScratchX. I then follow this with another foam applicator and #66 Quick Detailer Cleaner/Wax(ColorX or #6 would also work for this step). These tight areas are all done by hand. For everywhere else, I use a rotary and/or G100 DA.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I am using 80 and 83 on the rest of the car. So I did try some 80 by hand just for a test. Would ScratchX be better?

Comment

i am not sure, if i remember corectly both #80 and ScratchX have diminishing abrasives
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');