• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.: Clay on windows/glass...safe?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .: Clay on windows/glass...safe?!

Have read something about that..."used" clay bars on glass would be fine / safe to remove water spots...is it really true?!

More...if it's safe to use clay on glass, should I do that with Quik Detailer?!

The last one...I noticed a little overspray inside rear window...over tint / film. Clay + QD wouldn't be safe for tint, would?!

Thanx in advance, ALL.

Andre

Absolutley, it is perfectly safe. Just use the QD like you would anything else.

It may not remove all water spots, but it can remove them, esp if they are newer.

Remember, always clay paint first, then glass/trim, then wheels, then mufflers/exhuast tips last.

As far as tint... I probably wouldnt do it. I would just stick to the outside of the car.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i always use it on both front and rear windshields of my car. It makes the windsheild really smooth again and the wipers seem to wipe better, and water tends to bead up in the rain a lot easier, like if RainX was applied.

Comment

Clay is fine but I use something even better that is absolutely fantastic on windows. Removes every bit of stain, water spot, bug, whatever and leaves the windows glistening... the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Of course, don't use it on paint!
        Leo

Comment

Re: .: Clay on windows/glass...safe?!

Originally posted by TuningBrasil
          Have read something about that..."used" clay bars on glass would be fine / safe to remove water spots...is it really true?!

Thanx in advance, ALL.

Andre
          I'd be kind of leery about using "Used" clay if there were any doubts about whether or not the clay had anything sharp or abrasive in it. You certainly don't want to risk putting a scratch into your glass. For example if you dropped the clay bar on the ground, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to use it on glass.

If you only used it on your paint then sure go ahead...

Last Wednesday we clayed all the glass on the 1965 GTO at Meguiar's Garage... came out smooth and glassy looking!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use clay on paint one time then spray a tad of QD into a ziplock and put the clay in with it. After that I use it for glass. But like Mike said if it's contaminated, pitch it.

My only problem is I do alot more claying paint than I do glass. I think I have almost a baseball sized hunk of clay waiting for me to put it to use on glass. I keep saving it but never get around to it as I keep my windows very clean anyway. I am sure it will come in handy for something.

maybe save it for another year and give it to the neighbors kid and tell him it's PlayDoh or something. Just kidding.
            Last edited by Jeff Smith; Apr 20, 2006, 07:03 PM.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith I use clay on paint one time then spray a tad of QD into a ziplock and put the clay in with it. After that I use it for glass
              That's it.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');