• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White

OK, White, very hard paint, boring, hard to get reflextion. I have a white truck.

I plan on getting the PC online deal, I already have the DC 1, 2, 3, #9, a Delco 11" orbital buffer that I plan on using to remove product, or I might just give it to my friend. Everyone talks about what they do for black paint and colors, I have a RX from Mequiars but I would like to here from some of the people on the forum as to what they think would be the best way to make my paint look the very BEST it can.
    Thanks
    2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
    AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
    1st Place-Best Overall Detail
    3rd Place-Best of Show
    March 26th, 2011

I highly recommend the 80's series if your truck has clear coat paint...
    #83 DACP
    #82 SFP
    #81 Hand Polish
    NXT

I don't know how these products will work with an orbital, but they work well with a PC....Very well.

NOTE: I've had some problems applying #80 with a PC, so I do it by hand.
    Last edited by rusty bumper; May 15, 2004, 09:45 AM.
    r. b.

Comment

Thanks R.B.
      I have some #9, I am going to try some of that today after work, with the orbital. It does a fairly good job, the pad is just to big to do a job like a PC will.
      Thanks again for the reply.
      3rd Place-Best of Show
      March 26th, 2011

Comment

I had a white S10 Xtreme and had some good luck with:

Deep Crystal #1
        Deep Crystal #2

Never used NXT on it as it was not around when I had the S10
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          NOTE: I've had some problems applying #80 with a PC, so I do it by hand.
          Sorry......I referring to #81 instead
          r. b.

Comment

with white, may I suggest #80 as a first step, you might even find you don't need to follow with #81 just nxt. my wifes car seems to like #80 better.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks Guys,
              I apprecate the responses, I used Armorall car wash, (it was given to me at Christmas), Mothers clay (can't find Mequiar's) DC#1, DC#2, and Mequiar's Gold Class Wax with an orbital buffer. Turned out pretty good, but lacking. I am going to try these products on the truck and when I find just the right combo, then the van. Even tho the dog is white I think I'll let her go.
              Thanks again.
              3rd Place-Best of Show
              March 26th, 2011

Comment

Just to chime in here...

Even though you cannot get deep dark reflections out white paint and other dark colors, you can get a lot of gloss.

To get a lot of gloss you need to create the smoothest surface possible. To do this, after claying, (the most important first step for creating gloss), spend a lot of time on the finish during the paint cleaning step.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0 is a cleaner/polish and applied by machine should do a good job of smoothing out the finish if you work it long enough.

After that, you can go right to the wax of your choice.

By the way #9 will be more aggressive than the Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner.

Hope this helps...

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, that helped alot.
                  3rd Place-Best of Show
                  March 26th, 2011

Comment

I have a white 97 Intrepid, so I can most certainly feel your pain.

When I first stumbled on the Meguiars site I bought a few tubes of Scratch X and used every bloody one of them. (That was a couple of years ago, and my arms are still tired...) I then followed it up with regular applications of Deep Crystal Polish and Gold Class wax. (All hand applied)

As a result, my Intrepid has a superbly reflective finish the equal or better of any off the dealer's lot white vehicle. Reflections are quite clear and very glossy, and at dusk I get the prettiest reflections of the sky off of the car. When she is clean, the paint has an almost irridescent glow to it that is spectacular.

This is despite the myriad of swirlmarks that a "detailer" put into the finish for me when I was ignorant of proper paint care. (Guys like Mike P. don't live near me. Apparently all of them have fallen to the siren song of Kalifornia...)

I just bougfht the G-100A and some DACP, so I expect that my finish will only get better when the swirlmarks and the scratches I couldn't get by hand are polished out.

I plan to do some before and after photos.

My grandmother also has a white car that I wax for her a few times a year. When I started I used Meguair's paint cleaner and then Deep Crystal Polish and Gold Class wax. Her car's finish started out in better shape than mine, so her finish looks even better.

The shine is very clear and suprisingly deep, though it doesn't look as much like a mirror as the pics of that black '63 'Vette that Mike P uploaded photos of....(This is where the Homer Simpson drooling noise gets played...)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');