• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swirls

hey..im new to the forum and glad to be here...i was wondering wat you guys did to take away swirls...i plan on washing then clay bar...then wat should i do next...then for the final step im going to use nxt tech wax paste..does this sound good?...o and also how long should you let the tech wax paste dry before wiping it off?..thanks

Are you working by hand?
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

yes...i forgot to mention that

Comment

I would say use ScratchX after the clay bar be sure to work ScratchX in well. I would also polish the car with a polish like Deep Crystal Step 2 then using NXT wax, you should let it "haze" before wiping off or do the swipe test.
        heres some related reading
        The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain
        NXT Tech Wax Cure Time
        What it Means to Remove a Scratch
        How To Remove Swirls By Hand
        How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
        How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

What's your ride?

Comment

i have a 2000 mustang....so the scratchx will take away the swirls and the deep crystal step 2 will give it the glossy deep shine?...o and what should i wipe all of the products off with?...sorry for all the questions i just dont want to mess up thanks

Comment

Yes. I use microfiber towels to wipe off product.

Comment

o and another question...after i clay bar should i use DC1 then scratch x then DC2 then my nxt tech wax?

Comment

DC1 and ScratchX are sorta the same step. ScratchX is more agressive so it will remove swirls better, but you will need to put a lot of passion behind it and do multiple applications. If you ScratchX a whole car, DC1 is unneccessary since it will be repitittive, but you will need lots of arm muscle DC1 won't really remove swirls since it is a mild paint cleaner. Most people who work by hand will spot clean with ScratchX while doing the whole car with DC1 after they get their car swirl free. Good Luck!

Comment

cool thanks man...so after i clay ill use scratch x and then if i see that i still have swirls should i go ahead and use DC2 and my wax.....o and when i put o my wax and let it dry..do i wipe then apply a second coat or do i just apply the second coat over the first one without wiping off the first

Comment

DC2 and NXT Wax may be able to cover the much finer swirls, but these are also the swirls that ScratchX can remove. So if there are any swirls left, chances are they are the deeper ones. You can make more passes with ScratchX on them, but I'm sure your arm will have fallen off by now. I would recommend doing one or two sections per day, so you can really concentrate in removing the swirls, and not rush since your arm is tired.
                      Also with the wax, you do have to remove it all before applying a second coat. Good Luck!

Comment

Your arm will be tired. Remove the first coat then apply the second. Show us the before and after if you can. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

the reason i want to do the DC2 is because i want to get that deep, dark, shiny color...will scratchx do that?

Comment

It should, its a mild polish also. Hows your arm ?

Comment

Just in case there's any abiguity about the Deep Crystal Step #1/#2 and the Scratch-X:

Deep Crystal products are nonabrasive. Scratch-X contains diminishing abrasives.

And yeah, if you use Scratch-X it'll correct and clean, so no need for DC #1. DC#2 might add some looks (deep, dark, shiny- what your'e after) so try it if you feel like it and see if you notice a difference.
                              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');