• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorx plus tech wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorx plus tech wax

I tested Colorx and found it somewhat thick and not so easy to spread as Tech Wax Liquid. So I mixed Colorx with Tech Wax in the ratio of 2:1 and found the mixture easier to use. My paintwork is in good order ( 1year old, car mostly in sheltered carpark) and only needs a light cleaning. This mixture cleans my paintwork whilst leaving a smooth surface.

i am not sure this is a great idea ( i am not a fan of mixing products but i know some other companies recommend you to mix products )
    are you working by hand or machine?
    i would think tha M20 is inbetween colourX and NXT

NXT his light cleaning ability so you may only need to use NXT
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

i would have to agree with sneek. mixing both colorx and nxt is not a good idea and may take away from each other's capabilties. i've used colorx with the g100 (working it in really good till there's a very thin light coat) and then wiping away with a quality microfiber towel. finally... nxt, #21 or whatever lsp you desire on top!
      Last edited by imacarnut; Apr 23, 2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

hand power, as I live in a highrise and do not have access to a power point where I park my car. NXT Tech Wax has very little cleaning power. By mixing Colorx with it, I get a mix that has more cleaning ability than Tech Wax as well as easier to use by hand.... it's a sort of Colorx Plus. Colorx needs lots of elbow grease. I feel that the final finish is better than using Colorx by itself. Smoother to the touch and better depth too. Try Colorx Plus and see if you like it as much as I do.

Remember to mix it thoroughly. I use a mineral water bottle for mixing. After pouring in the portions of Colorx and Tech Wax, I shook the bottle like mad to ensure a good mix.

Would Meguiar's consider marketing Colorx Plus , Mike?
        Last edited by Dipstick; Apr 23, 2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

well colourX is already has a polymer sealant in it so i am not sure it is that useful. I am pretty use M20 is a good product for you it has pretty good cleaning ablility and it has amazing look and protection
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');