• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone like using a sponge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone like using a sponge?

ive read and understand the reasons given for using a wash mitt...however i cant get into using one

does anyone still use a sponge with good results?? i kinda like the way suds flow out as you go..i dont seem to get much suds with a mitt

I keep switching back and forth between a sponge and genuine sheep skin mitts. Personally, I like a sponge better. My brain tells me I should be getting swirls in my paint using a sponge, but it's never happened.

Comment

ive noticed that a sponge slides over the surface much easier...i guess its sliding on a layer of suds more than a mitt

Comment

I find the mitt seems to slide a little better, but I don't like to put my hand in it so I find it too floppy. Due to the floppiness of the mitt I find I sometimes miss a spot washing the car. I also find that a mitt seems to hold the suds more whereas a sponge seems to leave the suds on the paint more.

Comment

anyone else using sponges??

Comment

Well, I use the chenille covered wash sponge most of the time... if that is what you mean. Cetainly works good for me.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i am a sponge fan i only started using mitts because people starting giving them to me!
              the gold class sponge has to be the best one have ever used! it have has any marring and it produces of foam

heheh the flames are ahout to beat the ducks
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I've tried using mitts in the past but I just don't like them. Now I exclusively use Meguiar's chenille covered wash sponge.

Comment

I just tried a Grout sponge (found cheaply at home improvement centers) that someone had recommended (you know who you are ) .

I think I've sworn off mitts for most washes; and I find the GC wash brushes much easier and much more effective in removing dirt.
                  Last edited by RCBuddha; Apr 23, 2006, 08:28 PM.
                  Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

I use a mitt as well when I wash my car, but I don't put my hand in it. I feel like it holds more soap and water so I can cover more area. I just purchased a Meguiar's wash mitt online and will hopefully get it soon. I plan on putting a good detailing on my ZX2 and my girl's Foucs.
                    2016 Focus ST

Comment

I use a large sponge and I always remember that scene from "One Night at McCool's" when I am using it.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');