• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot Waxing between full wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Waxing between full wax?

Does anyone else spot wax? Say the hood between the full clean/polish/wax? It seems that I always have something stuck to my hood so I clay and wax the hood more than the rest of my truck.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I've been experimenting with other waxes and comparing side by side, applying just on the hood.

When it rains you can notice the difference in the size of beading.
    You learn to become Great, by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Comment

Hey,

Spot waxing a whole hood or roof is fine. But I would avoid doing just one of a car's side panels as it may very well show up! Yikes!

I would do the whole side, or use something like Final Detail rather than just a panel, IMHO.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I have always ended up waxing the hood on my black vehicles more often than the rest of the vehicle. The hood takes a beating from both the sun and engine heat. It also is a heck of a lot more prone to water spot etching.

Tom

Comment

Yes, the hood takes a lot of punishment compared to the rest of the car...So I like to do a hood only detail at times...Plus the front bumper as well, since it's painted too.
          r. b.

Comment

And I thought I was the only one doing just the hood in-between full details. Yes, I have been doing that for many years. Another benefit is that you always have a clear view of a nice clean hood while you're driving. That's important too.
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

I found in the past that the top of the car (hood,Roof,trunk lid) take the most abuse. Before I had my Mustang Convertible I would go over those areas 1 more time between my regular whole car detail.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');