• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrangler Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrangler Hardtop

I've searched the board and can't find a good answer, so I'll give ya'll a go...
    I've got (ok, it's the wife's...so you may infer it hasn't been taken care of since purchase) a '99 Jeep Wrangler Hardtop...I understand there are two kinds of hardtop finishes?...one that is just like paint on fiberglass and the other is a rough powdercoated like surface...
    Mine is the rough type...any ideas on products that will help renew/restore/protect?

is the top steel, plastic or fiberglass? You say powder coated like? I know what they look like but I guess I have never really looked that close at a hard top. Just trying to get a little more info.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The Wrangler website just says 'composite'...can't seem to find much more info through google...
      It feels a bit like plastic, but the exterior doesn't seem painted on...at least I haven't found any areas prone to chipping or anything...

Comment

I wonder.... if using a mild convertible top soap with a soft bristeled brush and then going over it with 303 Protectang would be the right answer.
        (same kind of process you would use on a vinal wrag top)

Comment

been wondering the same thing...
          ...will give it a go this weekend and let you know how it turns out!

Comment

I took a quick look at a jeep at work with the same top you talk about and might try some NXT protectant? This top was a tanish/brown color. I am not to sure on that one, just might have to try some products on a spot. Another thought on black would be some Gold Class Trim dressing?

Can you call a Jeep dealer or Jeep directly and see what they think would work?
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Wrangler Hard Top Restoration

I know it has been over a year since your post, but this is the only place I have been able to find the same problem I have. I just bought a '97 Wrangler Sport with a hard top and the previous owner took EXCELLENT care of everything besides the hardtop finish, and the non-metal fender finishes. I would love to restore them back to atleast looking black instead of gray. Did you happen to find anything out??? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! Thanks!

Comment

Its been 8 years since I had my last Jeep, but when I had mine I used Armor all to bring the black back. It seemed like the composite hardtop was coated with a vinyl type substance. Today there are many good vinyl and trim products you could try.

Comment

Do you happen to have any suggestions??

Comment

Some Megs Natural Shine, Trim Detailer or #40

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');