• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing a Black car with NXT Tech wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing a Black car with NXT Tech wax

Whenever I wax my black car with NXT Tech wax I see a residue left over on the paint. IS that normal? The car is clean completly and clay bar as well. I let the wax dry for atleast 20 min before wiping it off.

There are several things that may be contributing to this film problem. If the product was applied too heavy this will cause some difficulty in wiping off. Also, if the weather is humid this may make it more difficult to remove. In either case there are a couple things that should resolve this.

First, I recommend that you use Meguiar's Micro Fiber Towels for removal. These towels enable you to remove product better, when compared to regular towels, and with much less effort. If, after wiping the film problem is still there. Take a moist towel and wipe in long strokes front to back on a section. Then follow with a dry micro fiber towel. This should completely remedy the problem.

Next application keep in mind the need for nice thin applications, two would be recommended for more uniform coverage on the surface.

Regards,

Tom

Comment

The main reason that people find streaks after they remove there wax is if the wax didn't get enough time to dry. No we usally tell people to wax their entire car and then wait at least 15-20 minutes before they remove it. The wax may require even longer if you are in an area of high humidity or low temprature.

A good way to see if your wax is ready to be removed is to perform what we call the "swipe test." First make a mark in the wax with your finger. Then look inside the swipe, and if you see any streaking or smearing, your wax is not completely hazed up. Always remember to remove your wax by hand with a 100 percent cotton terry cloth towel or a microfiber towel to help reduce the streaks from occuring. If you continue to have further problems be sure to give our customer care line a call.

Tim Larson
      Meguiar’s
      Customer Care Rep
      1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
      Tim Larson
      Meguiars Customer Care Rep
      Meguiar's Inc.
      1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
      Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
      X