• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megs cordless buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megs cordless buffer

OK..as much as I'd like the Megs PC...its out of my price range and since Im an apartment dweller no access to outlet anyway...so I'm very close to purchasing the cordless...but I was informed it is only 4.8v...now I know I'm not drilling any holes with with this, but 4.8v??? is this sufficient or should I continue with my current shoulder/forearm workout and wait until I buy a house and get the "real deal" PC?? I am currently maintaining two new vehicles (03 & 04) and one older (95)...so my shoulder and forearms are getting "jacked"!

Get a corded PC and just use it somewhere, where outlets are more conveniently accessible.
    FL

Comment

Hey,

I have the Meg's Cordless Buffer. It works quite well! It does not have the power of the PC, but it would still be a good buffer to apply a Last Step Product like a wax or sealant.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

hmmmm..well I was think more off using for polishing step as well (two of my cars are newer) ...possibly?? or should I just buy a really long extension cord?????

Comment

If one of your friends has a garage make him a deal -- you use his garage and he can use your buffer.
          Have a weekend detail party.

P.S. -- drink the beer AFTER your done.

Comment

Hey,

If you are wanting to do some serious polishing, then the PC is the way to go. The cordless buffer would be ideal for the individual going to a car show and wants to put on a coat of wax when he/she is there. It comes in a durable bag, 2 batteries, charger, a W-8006 pad and an attached backing plate.

Tim

Comment

I saw a Meg rep using an inverter (turns dc into ac) at the Plastic Fantastic Vette Meet today. He ran the Vette engine when he used the PorterCable & Makita tools. Looked like it worked ok. Maybe you could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by froggy47
                I saw a Meg rep using an inverter (turns dc into ac) at the Plastic Fantastic Vette Meet today. He ran the Vette engine when he used the PorterCable & Makita tools. Looked like it worked ok. Maybe you could do that.
                I was going to suggest that myself

Welcome to MOL froggy!....And to mrzeee as well!
                Last edited by rusty bumper; May 16, 2004, 09:09 PM.
                r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                  Hey,

If you are wanting to do some serious polishing, then the PC is the way to go. The cordless buffer would be ideal for the individual going to a car show and wants to put on a coat of wax when he/she is there. It comes in a durable bag, 2 batteries, charger, a W-8006 pad and an attached backing plate.

Tim
                  Tim, does Meguiars offer a lifetime warranty with this buffer too?
                  r. b.

Comment

no they don't offer the lifetime warranty on the cordless....guess I'll have to save a few more beans for a really long extension cord (or inverter, neat idea!) and go the PC...do you guys think I should go lifetime warranty with the meguiars (but double the $$) or just go the porter cable (like 1/2 the price)..and it is porter cable so I imagine it has to be durable!

Comment

Originally posted by mrzeee
                      no they don't offer the lifetime warranty on the cordless....guess I'll have to save a few more beans for a really long extension cord (or inverter, neat idea!) and go the PC...do you guys think I should go lifetime warranty with the meguiars (but double the $$) or just go the porter cable (like 1/2 the price)..and it is porter cable so I imagine it has to be durable!
                      There is a PC deal in the works for online members...You might want to wait and see what the special prices are going to be before you commit to anything yet.

Here's the link: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=&threadid=461
                      r. b.

Comment

Hey,

No, the cordless buffer does not come with the same warranty. Instead, it comes with a limited 3 year warranty which is pretty good considering it is a cordless tool!!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by froggy47
                          I saw a Meg rep using an inverter (turns dc into ac) at the Plastic Fantastic Vette Meet today. He ran the Vette engine when he used the Porter Cable & Makita tools. Looked like it worked ok. Maybe you could do that.
                          Welcome froggy47!

That was me you watched at the Plastic Fantastic.

I was really impressed by the inverter.

The car I was working on was a black 1993 Corvette. I did a before and after for the Plastic Fantastic. Part of doing the before and after was finishing the other side.

Originally I had planned on doing the other half on another day. Because I live almost 200 miles away from the car, find a way to do the other half while I was down there would be optimum.

I plugged my Makita rotary buffer into the converter and compounded the car using #84 Compound Power Cleaner with a foam cutting pad. I followed this with #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish with the W-8006 on the rotary buffer.

I was truly amazed that the car battery would power the rotary buffer under load.

I have an e-mail out to the D.J. that let us borrow his converter. It is definitely something I want to purchase for myself.

Mike

p.s.

froggy47

Did you see the results after removing the NXT Tech Wax and the owner pulled the car out into the sun?
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by mrzeee
                            should I just buy a really long extension cord?????
                            I also live in an Apt. complex without outlets outside. I bought a 100ft extension cord & run it through my bedroom window when I'm working on my Ranger or Mach 1. It would be nice to have a garage, but I'm making do the best I can
                            2003 Mach 1
                            Azure Blue
                            5 speed/IUP
                            2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                            KY Horsepower

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');