• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing the Water Magnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing the Water Magnet

Here's the scoop. I bought two water magnet's yesterday and tried them out on my truck. I love them. They work every bit as good as the absorber and you dont have to wring them out as much. As I was drying my truck off, I got some black marks on them from my rubber trim. Additionally, I decided to dry my door jambs with them and got some dirt from there too? How should I wash my Water Magnets? Regular Detergent? Fabric Softener? Also, will dirt or stains effect the preformance of them? Thanks.

Billy

Hi Billy,

I wash mine at 40deg with non bio detergent and NEVER use fabric softener or tumble dry

As for the door jams I use an old MF and Megs Speed Detailer

Bryan

Comment

Re: Washing the Water Magnet

Originally posted by stdwdh16
      Here's the scoop. I bought two water magnet's yesterday and tried them out on my truck. I love them. They work every bit as good as the absorber and you dont have to wring them out as much. As I was drying my truck off, I got some black marks on them from my rubber trim. Additionally, I decided to dry my door jambs with them and got some dirt from there too? How should I wash my Water Magnets? Regular Detergent? Fabric Softener? Also, will dirt or stains effect the preformance of them? Thanks.

Billy
      I wash mine in the washer with Woolite... then dry on low. Seem to come out very soft and ready to use! The black marks and dirt seem to wash out just fine. I have had a few of mine for a year or so and they still perform very well, wouldn't give them up for anything!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. After it was said and done, I realized that the water magnet was not the best tool to use to dry my door jambs, but you live and learn. I was very impressed with the towels, just wish I had taken better care of them my first time out. I know it will happen again though and will be ready. I was really concerned with whether the black marks would come out and if they wouldn't, would it effect the preformance of the towel. Now I feel better knowing that they probably will come out, and if they don't, the towel is still clean and ready to use. Thanks once again.

Billy

Comment

By the way gb387, I just took a look at your gallery and I love your truck. I hope to have one some day and if I do, I will try to keep it as clean as yours. Thanks for the pics.

Billy

Comment

I spray APC on the black stains, and toss in the bucket to wash later. The stains come out overy time! I have even used Shout on the black stains. They come out cleaner when you can pre-treat the stains.
            Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

By the way gb387, I just took a look at your gallery and I love your truck. I hope to have one some day and if I do, I will try to keep it as clean as yours. Thanks for the pics.

Billy
              Thanks! Its a lot of work to keep it looking good.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Washing the Water Magnet

Billy
                So you have a truck. Check out the marine water magnet, it's the same thing, just bigger.
                I pretreat w/ tide and then use woolite. Warm water. Never use bleach or fabric softeners.

Comment

I have the same problem with my WM. The stains refuse to come off when I washed the towel with AJAX. Normally it is sufficient to clean any of my detailing tools. It's really odd.
                  2 Wheels for Summer, 4 Wheels for Winter
                  RXZ, NSR150SP, SV650, Galant ES 2.4, CBR400RR

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');