• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARGH! Never use a Drive through Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGH! Never use a Drive through Car Wash

ARGH!!

I haven't had the time in weeks and I has been using it so I decided just to go through the 7-11 car wash. It was free and I figured it would wash my bed too (uncoated). Big mistake!

It either oxidized or something but my paint is all hazy now! I just waxed it about 4 weeks ago too. It was a brushless car wash but I think the chemical concentration was wayy to strong or something. Take a look. Focus on the hazyiness and not so much on the swirl marks.

I tried a lil ScratchX and wax on it, it'll fix it, but just a hassle to redo again!

Hey,

It does appear that some type of coating was applied during the wash. Sadly, it will take some work to remove the swirls, but ScratchX should do the job and get it back looking as good as new!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Funny kind of straight lines on the "swirls"--not curved.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
        Funny kind of straight lines on the "swirls"--not curved.
        yea, I just noticed that too. Like they were purposely added

Comment

yeah, I kinda looks like that.... haha

No, Its just bad lighting and most of the swirls have been removed w/ ScratchX, I believe those are just a little deeper scratches. It is a single stage paint on a 97 car.

BTW, there are many rock chips on the car when I got it, what would be the best way to get touch up paint? Dupli-color or go to the dealer?

Comment

All swirls are straight lines for the most part, they only looked curved because there is such a high concentration of them that they look curved. There are very few swirls which allows you eyes to focus on the indivual line more, which reduces the optical illusion.
            Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');