• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EX-P after #80 and #7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX-P after #80 and #7?

I am planning on giving the car a really good clean this weekend.

And am planning on using:
    • Megs NXT Car Wash
    • Followed by Megs Clay System
    • Using a PC do Megs Speed Glaze #80 using the Megs Polishing Pad W8006
    • followed by Megs Show Car Glaze #7 using a Megs Finishing Pad W9006
    • Then two layers of Souveran Pwith the Megs Finishing Pad W9006, spit shining for the second layer

What im wondering is, ive heard you need to quick detail the car after polishing with the Megs Pads, as they sometimes leave fabric and bits, is this correct?

And also would it be beneficial if i added a layer of Poorboys EX-P after the #7 to seal it?
    Cheers
    Andrew

Spit Shining???????

Comment

If it's a daily driver you might get some benefit by applying the EXP before the LSP. If it's a garage queen/show car I would leave it at the Souveran. Most of the sealants I've used leave a great shine but sacrifice depth in doing so. Souveran is a wax that really brings meaning to the word depth. I believe the sealant might give you added protection but the end result is that the finish won't look as deep as using the wax alone. When I first read about the "spit shining" method I was very sceptical. I tried it anyway and have had some very nice results using this method with Souveran.
      *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Spit Shining???????
        Is a idea come from the firces where they use spit to put polish onto the boots. With cars you use a quick detailer instead of spit and you do it after a layer of wax so you dont have to wait 24 hrs inbetween layers.

If it's a daily driver you might get some benefit by applying the EXP before the LSP. If it's a garage queen/show car I would leave it at the Souveran. Most of the sealants I've used leave a great shine but sacrifice depth in doing so. Souveran is a wax that really brings meaning to the word depth. I believe the sealant might give you added protection but the end result is that the finish won't look as deep as using the wax alone. When I first read about the "spit shining" method I was very sceptical. I tried it anyway and have had some very nice results using this method with Souveran.
        Yeah its a daily driver and the raods around here are very dirty with soil, but the cars gets rinsed down every day when i get home from work. I think ill just go with the souveran as then i get the better looks and i do wax the car every weekend after washing it.

Totally agree with spit shining, its really good. As i feel it also is better then when you leave the car 24hrs between coats.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');