• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference I see in NXT Wax and #16 on black car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference I see in NXT Wax and #16 on black car

I have been using NXT Tech Wax for some time now. When I give my car the full works, I use DC1, DC2, and NXT Wax x2, all applied using a random orbiter. Amidst the recent furore over #16, I thought I would go grab a can before I can't find it anymore. I applied #16 over NXT. This is what I found:

- both NXT and #16 are just marvellously satisfying when one looks at the effort spent to get to the perfect shine
    - Both have awesome 'mirror'/reflective properties
    - NXT is more reflective on a black surface. The reflections of images on its surface are better defined
    - #16 in sunlight looks better in sunlight. It has a deep, wet, and 'delicious' looking gloss to it

To summarise, NXT looks sharp and reflective, and #16 looks rich and deep. Now I have some variation to the outcomes of my weekend labour in my garage.

Vincent
    S60slipstream

Re: Difference I see in NXT Wax and #16 on black car

Originally posted by S60slipstream
    Now I have some variation to the outcomes of my weekend labour in my garage.

Vincent
    I still can't make my mind up as to what I like best. I have already come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter to me. I am going to put any of Meguiar's waxes on my finish as the mood strikes me.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I did a test on my silver car a few weeks ago where I fully preped my car (clay, clean, polish) then waxed with NXT. As the second coat, on one half of the car, I used NXT again, on the other half I used #16.

Being as objective as I could, I couldn't tell a difference between the two sides as far as looks are concerned. I might give an edge to #16 for slickness. #16 certainly beaded better (but experts seem to say that that is no indication of protection) than NXT. I didn't have a chance to figure out durability since I ended up starting over about two weeks later by polishing with #80.

I plan to try this test again, under better, controlled conditions. Perhaps even test them out vs the other Meguiars waxes I have in my arsenal Cleaner/Wax and DC#3 paste. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a boutique wax and try that out too.

Comment

Well, us fanatics will just about try anything just for the sake of (i) satisfaction (ii) knowing you tried (iii) fulfilling our inner needs
        S60slipstream

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');