• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dressed tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dressed tire

for those who have photos, please show me your idea of a prefectly dressed tire.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Re: dressed tire

Originally posted by 2000
    for those who have photos, please show me your idea of a prefectly dressed tire.
    Endurance High Gloss

Hot Shine High Gloss (trigger)
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Last edited by Antonio Wright; May 18, 2004, 07:27 PM.

Comment

#40 rules

Ask a million people and get a million answeres.

I like my tires (and the tires of my clients) clean with a black satin sheen.

Here is a pic of a tire that has a thick coat of cheap solvent based carwash dressing on it. It has dirt that has stuck to it and looks bad.

This type of dressing absorbes the black from the rubber (true rubber is white) and stains the painted finish of the lower quarter panel when it "slings" on to it. What a mess. Dirt and grime will also be attractred to it on the finish. In this pic part of the mess has been wiped away to show the staining.

Here is the "gunky stuff" partly disolved with a solvent.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Here is the same tire properly cleaned and dressed.

Is is dressed with Meguiars #40.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Superior Shine, that looks nice. The picture I posted above was from two years ago when I liked that type of shine. Now I prefer you look. How long do you let the #40 set before buff off?

Comment

How long do you let the #40 set before buff off?
              You have to play it by ear. Some tires could be porous or dryer than others. Never let it sit on a hot tire in direct sunlight.

Sometimes we spray #40 on and sometimes we apply it with a spouge.

Comment

I like the looks of Hot Shine to me....But #40 looks good too.
                r. b.

Comment

wow, this thread worked better than I thought it would.
                  superior shine, you went right to the heart of my questions, I was old school in thinking the more shine, the more you took care of it. now in the last year I've change that thinking alot. when I look at my own tires it looks like I'm either to shiny or to flat. after comparing yours and jfelbabs photos I see i'm on target. some habits are VERY hard to break.
                  Antonio looks like you and I have had a change of looks for our tires, I hope you find your new look with alittle more ease than I have.
                  thanks for all the great photos and help!!!
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

This is a picture of Rod Kraft's Meguiar's Tahoe.
                    This tire is so clean, you can eat off it.

It's not only the sidewall that's clean, the thread is also clean like never been driven.

Here is the full truck

Comment

thats what I'm talking about...........keep 'em comin'!
                      2019 GMC Sierra
                      1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');