• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For a black car in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a black car in SoCal

What's the best for a black car in SoCal once you get the paint where you want it - to dust the car every other day or to wash it every 5 days?

If it is a daily driver, or parked outside, just stick with washing it.

If you dusted every day or twice a day, it might be ok, but you can pick up a lot of gunk driving around.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeh, its a daily driver and parked outside except for nights. I just don't want to introduce anykind of scratching. I know thats asking too much, but is this dusting vs washing a way to reduce scratching?

Comment

Seems to me, in my uneducated opinion, that what gets on it OUTSIDE, is not dust, but all kinds of airborn ****, much of which is not a candidate for non-swirl-inflicting QD or California Duster removal. Just my opinion. If it was garaged, and you came out in the morning to some REAL dust particles, I think that would be a different story.

When you have a good coat of wax, it seems to me that it should be a bit swirl resistant, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least to any great degree. I am going by a guy who has several show cars, and he says "everybody" else has swirls on their cars from constant QD'ing at outside shows. And that is just his opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');