• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me decide...

I am looking into purchasing a grit guard bucket with the dolly and grit guard insert. I am just not sure if I should order the 2 bucket grit guard system...or the 1 bucket system.

The way I look at it, is that if you are using 1 bucket with a grit guard, the dirt should not rise to the top therefore the water should remain clean.

It's fairly expensive for the 2 bucket system.

Do any of you use the 1 bucket grit guard bucket?

Thanks.
    '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

i have one bucket with a grit guard and the other one has something simmalar (the black magic bucket)

I would not recommend the black magic bucket becasue it has a stange shape and i think it is less than 5 gallons.

i think you will be happy with the 2 bucket system
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

if you go with their setup, yes its expensive.
      the bucket is basically a 5 gallon container. found in places like donut shops or you can purchase at your auto store or home depot like stores.
      there are lots of posting on this subjetc. here is one.

you need two. one for wash and one for clean/rinse. each will have the guard.
      the idea is you don't want to rinse your dirty mitt in the soap bucket.
      good luck.

Comment

Well, I would certainly recomend 2 Grit Guards and 2 buckets... not sure how important the dollys are for you, but you could just buy 2 cheap 5-Gallon buckets and drop the Grit Guards in them.

I dont know how beneficial 1 bucket on the ground and one on a dolly would be.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You should definately use two buckets w/ grit guards in each. If cost is an issue than I'd cancel out what you don't need. I don't use dollys. Like MTBPATH said, one should be for rinsing and the other should have fresh wash solution.

Comment

Re: Please help me decide...

Originally posted by 96Lude
            I am looking into purchasing a grit guard bucket with the dolly and grit guard insert. I am just not sure if I should order the 2 bucket grit guard system...or the 1 bucket system.

The way I look at it, is that if you are using 1 bucket with a grit guard, the dirt should not rise to the top therefore the water should remain clean.

It's fairly expensive for the 2 bucket system.

Do any of you use the 1 bucket grit guard bucket?

Thanks.
            I was going to try to "get away" with one bucket and a grit guard, but it made more sense to get two. Let the neighbors laugh! Let my son mock me! Think about it--the grit does go to the bottom, but then you rinse your mitt and pick up more suds, and it stirs the water up and the grit will come back. Bite the bullet and at least go for two buckets and two grit guards. Do you really need a dolly system? I think two buckets are better than one bucket on a dolly, if we are talking about not swirling/scratching your finish. How many times would you have to bend over and move two buckets? The Meguiars wash mitt I bought flips over--it does not have a thumb--you can use both sides before rinsing. If you were doing it as your occupation, that is another matter, because you would be doing it all the time and you need the right tools.
            Last edited by Monk; May 7, 2006, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');