• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Dried Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Dried Wax

I have a heavy coating of dried wax in the hood and deck vents on my 71 Vette. I have tried spraying with Quick Detailer then using a detail tool, but this is not working well. I am looking for any other ideas. So far, the best I have done was to scrape it off with a fingernail, which works well, but goes really slow or using popsicle sticks which does not work as well.

I tried searching for some hints but did not have much luck.

Thanks,

Rich

I believe claying your car takes away the wax too.

I know of a product (read it somewhere) "wax blaster wax remover" I believe but don't know anything else about it (though I believe it was only for removing wax from trim)
    showroomglaze.net

Comment

Try applying some wax to the top of the dried wax, then remove both with a clean microfiber. If you what type of wax has dried in the vents, then use that same wax to remove the dried wax.

This will most likely work for you.

Comment

Isopropyl alcohol.

Comment

I usually use alot of the Quik Detailer on it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');