• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rain spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain spots

I have a 03 mini cooper s that is dark blue. I live in fl so I get rained on, then imediately the sun comes out. This results in water spots on my car. What is the best Meguiars product to use to get them out? I tried meguiars paint cleaner and polish to no avail. I read that white vinegar could work, but I have not tried it yet.

#83 dual action cleaner polish should do the trick ...with a d/a polisher..i have taken out many water spots probly alot worse than yours using this...
    RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the info. The spots are not that bad, but I want to keep this car mint!! What brand of d/a should I get? $?

Comment

Re: rain spots

Originally posted by evanzrod
        I have a 03 mini cooper s that is dark blue. I live in fl so I get rained on, then imediately the sun comes out. This results in water spots on my car. What is the best Meguiars product to use to get them out? I tried meguiars paint cleaner and polish to no avail. I read that white vinegar could work, but I have not tried it yet.
        Mine came off quite nicely with #9 AKA 2.0 Swirl Remover. It is a pretty light cleaner. Used a W9006 pad on the DA

Comment

you can get the megs d/a with lifetime warranty or the porter cable that you can get at lowes ,both the same d/a.your also gonna need the velcro backing plate and pads as well...just check out some of the threads on g-100 and you should find alot of info on there..
          Last edited by RZ Autodetailing; May 9, 2006, 05:46 PM.
          RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');