• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm definately gonna need more clay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm definately gonna need more clay...

I have four large vehicles to clay and polish and basically do a complete finish overhaul on in the next month or two. I opened the Quick Clay box and laughed.

There is no way on earth that little clay bar is going to tackle the rather large jobs I have in front of it. (It will probably be fine on the first car, but not on the others...)

So I need to buy more clay. Thing is that I already have several bottles of QD, so I just need the clay. I was looking around the online store and saw a few clay options in the pro store, but they looked sort of scary.

What clay bar do I need? I thought I read a day or two ago about someone ordering a couple of clay bars that aren't listed online or in the catalog, and those sounded pretty good.

Any help is appreciated.

Try here: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=&threadid=799

This is the bar that I was able to get through customer service... I am very happy with it, its only 3oz not sure what size the quick clay is.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Quik Clay is a system designed specifically with a one or two vehicle household in mind. The clay bar included with that kit is more than adequate to tackle that job however; it sounds as though you're definately going to need a bit more oompah.

I might suggest going with Meguiar's new detailing clay (C-2000 and C-2100 -- mild and agressive respectively). Both of these products come with one 200 gram bar of clay and have been recently redesigned and are wonderful products to work with (I had the opportunity to try both recently).

Give customer service a call at 1-800-347-5700 and they'd be happy to complete an order for you.

-RP
      -The Final Detail-
      Lagrange, Kentucky
      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');