• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bikers, what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikers, what do you use?

Even though the finish on most modern bikes are the same as cars, I think there are still some subtle differences. We have to deal more with fairing scratches, brake dust, chain wax flingoff, etc. So I am asking bikers - especially those with fairing - what do you use on your bikes?

I intend to use just use NXT wash regularly and use Cleaner Wax.
    2 Wheels for Summer, 4 Wheels for Winter
    RXZ, NSR150SP, SV650, Galant ES 2.4, CBR400RR

I use S100 Total Cycle Cleaner on my motor, transmission etc. and then regular carwash shampoo, polishes, waxes and quick detailers on the rest. If your fairing is colored plastic rather than painted good luck.

Tom

Comment

I use the same stuff as on my cars accept that I wash the motor cases, swingarm, rims, and other powdercoated tibbits with dawn to remove grim, before washing the plastics with regular soap.

Then its #7, followed by #26. I skip anything synthetic because my bike is garage kept and rarely outside, beuty is more important then protection for her. Besides, she gets Quik Detailed frequently.

The only thing that ***** is the paint is super scratch senstive, so I have to bust out the PC and 80 probably twice a year, and use scratch X inbetween. I wonder how much clear I have left?
      Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

You can also use clay to help remove brake dust, and maybe something like the Body Solvent would be of interest for any wax/oil/grease that is flung around.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

TH0001, this thread might help calm your worries:

Measuring Clear Coat Thickness
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

# 7 followed with Gold Class x2 . Mine is scratch sensitive too since I redid the tins with HOK but a little ScratchX and its good to go. I clay when required also .

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');