• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner wax?

I just came across a good deal on some cleaner wax and was wondering how it compares to a few other Meguiars products like #21 and NXT wax? I cuurently use #21 exclusively on my vehicles and others when I detail. I was just wondering how this cleaner wax would compare and if I could use it when I detail, or if my results would be different enough to notice?

Also, I've heard of people topping 21 w/ NXT. Could 21 be topped w/ cleaner wax or is it not applicable for that? The "cleaner" part of the title is sort of throwing me off. Does it clean the paint while you are waxing? I'm familiar w/ alot of the professional line but not w/ this particular product. Thanks..........

I would use the cleaner/wax first then #21/NXT.
    Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Generaly speaking, single step products wont give quite the same results as single step products, and remember that the Cleaner/Wax is very mild. But you do save time and effort, which can be good for a daily driver, student, new parent, etc. I use ColorX, wich is another Cleaner/Wax very often. Consider these two different routines, and you can kind of see the benefits/differences.

1. Wash
      2. Clay as needed
      3. Clean
      4. Polish
      5. Wax - #21 is always good.
      6. Wax - Remember two thin coats is best.

OR:

1. Wash
      2. Clay as needed
      3. Cleaner/Wax
      4. Wax - #21

So you might not get quite as good of a look, (though ColorX + #21 is very very nice, IMO), but a lot of time saved.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr- in the first example where you list 3) clean and 4) polish---can you give me an example of what products would be used in these 2 steps? Are you referring to using 83 and/or 80 here in these steps?

Comment

I had assumed you were working by hand if you were buying the regular A-12 Cleaner Wax? Is that the one you picked up, or maybe you were thinking of using it by PC (I have no idea how that will work)?

What I meant looked more like this by hand:

1. Wash
          2. Clay
          3. Clean - DC#1, ScratchX
          4. Polish DC#2, #7, etc.
          5. Wax
          6. Wax

If you were working by PC, it would change things some, as #80 and #83 are cleaner/polishes, so they combine steps. So on a farily clean, maintained car, it would look like this using a PC and #80:

1. Wash
          2. Clay
          3. Cleaner/Polish - #80
          4. Pure Polish - (Optional) - #7, #81, DC#2, etc
          5. Wax - #21
          6. Wax - #21

Comment

Ahh, I reread you post, I see what i missed.. you got the #6?

The #6 is actualy a fairly good strength cleaner/wax, probably right around #82 'strength wise'.

So, you can still do this by PC easily:

Wash
            Clay

I am not sure it is near as good a cleaner as #80, and I would definatley say #83 is a better cleaner, but when in a hurry, #6 does its job.
            Last edited by Murr1525; May 29, 2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

ok sorry, I didn't realize that I had not specified I usually use PC. I generally do wash, clay-as needed, 80-1st- (x2) if needed, 83-if needed because 80 didn't get desired results, 80-if I used 83, 21(x2.)
              I was just wondering about cleaner wax because I bought a kit today @ Big LOts and it came w/ a 32 oz bottle plus In already have a good bit of it because I have bought several clay kits recently and each one comes w/ a sampler bottle of cleaner wax. I got the kit @ BIg Lots solely for the 32 oz Detailer MIst that was in the kit. The kit was 9.99 so I figured that was good even if just for the D MIst.
              I started detailing as a side job about 2- 2 1/2 months ago and wondered if I could use Cleaner wax in place of what I'm currently using. On a standard job I wash, clay-as needed, and #21 for my wax (using G100 w/ 9006 and 7006 w/ MF bonnett)
              I only get into the 83 and 80 if it's swirled badly and they are willing to pay for the paint cleaning process. Generally I give them 21 as their wax. All of my jobs are dailly drivers and customers are impressed by the results of 21 but I'm not 100% sure that any of them would know the difference if I used something else. I just don't want to shortchange them. I like the results I get from 21 , I just wondered what cleaner wax was and what results I may expect to get from it compared to 21.

Comment

the cleaner wax I got has this on the back of the bottle on lower right hand side
                A-1232B, so I assume this is the A-12 you are referring to

Comment

So you got this one, or the liquid version in the SS clay kits. This is the A-12 Cleaner Wax:

Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax

As far as using it on customers cars... it is very very mild... probably milder than DC#1 as far as cleaning ability goes. It isnt going to remove a whole lot of defects from your customers cars, as I am sure your customers cars arent in mint condition.

That one is really just going to be for quick touch-ups of your own cars, probably by hand. I dont know if it would gum up a bit by PC.

Now, as for a detailing business, this product, #66 can be used. It is up in the realm of #80's aggressiveness, and can remove the light swirls, defects, etc. And it is meant to be used by PC.

#66 Quick Detailer

Last edited by Murr1525; May 30, 2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

So I could use this #66 after I wash in the place of 21? or in the place of 80, if I was planning on using 80? or do I use 66 then 21? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');