• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M26 (Yellow Wax) or Gold Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M26 (Yellow Wax) or Gold Class

I have been using Meguiar's Gold Class wax on my black car for nearly a year now with great success and plenty of satisfaction, but recently I found a comment made by Mike Phillips about #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, and its performance on black finishes. ( http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=13381 )

For those who have used both, can you tell me what you think of #26 as opposed to Gold Class? What sort of properties can I expect from#26 compared to Gold Class?
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Gold Glass has polishing and cleaning agents in it. #26 is pure wax to the best of my knowledge. I've used it and loved it. You just need to polish first. It hides alot of defects to. If your paint is in good condition, you will not be disappointed.
    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

I love #26 better than more expensive "boutique" waxes (P21S to be specific, and a couple others). Great product.

Comment

I have both, but no black car to try it on, but on my Red Truck I noticed with GC that if you touch the aint your hand wont stay in place it would slide like theres H20 on it, while with M26 its not AS slick but hides the swirls adn fine scratches better than GC in my opinion.

Comment

I'm trying to decide b/w the two as well. I'm really leaning towards the #26 simply because it's dirt cheap - $30 a gallon. So for the next 5 years I can wax my cars every week if I want!

How's the durability of the two? I know neither would stack up to the NXT. My shedule is quite busy which prevents me from waxing as often as I should.

Would #26 still give reasonable protection @ 3 months?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');