• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single step process question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single step process question

I’m going to be helping a buddy of mine detail his 2001 Ford Ranger. It is a dark red metallic and is somewhat neglected. Tar, bugs, swirls… the usual. After we wash it, I plan on claying it and then using the G-100 polisher on it. He is not willing to spend the time on it to do the 2 step process of #80 followed by NXT. He wants the truck to look good, but also wants it done in as little time as possible. What would be the best product to use with the G-100 to make the truck look as good as possible in a short amount of time?

Thanks.
    Brian

MEGUIARS CLEANER WAX #66
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

or ColorX..... (ready available at your local auto part store as well) for oxidized or contaminated paint finish. Just remember to work it a bit with your pc then move on to other areas.
      Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

I second the ColorX. I use it on my DD and it works great! Slickest finish I've felt (compared to #20, #21, #26, NXT). Nice gloss and seems to last pretty well.
        1999 Ford Contour SVT
        Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
        1966/2760

Comment

I think #66 might be a little stronger of a cleaner than ColorX.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Possibly, but I think the "extra long lasting polymer protection" of ColorX will be good in this case from the sounds of what the friend is looking for/willing to do to his vehicle.
            1999 Ford Contour SVT
            Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
            1966/2760

Comment

My vote would be for ColorX also. Just be sure to tape off any trim with painters tape or be real careful as cleaner/waxes like ColorX tend to dry white on rubber and plastic trim.

It doesn't take long and will save you from detailing the car with a toothbrush later on...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I never even gave ColorX a thought. I may just have to try that.

I may have to pick up some #66 at a later date to try out for a comparison. Seems quite a few people like the #66 as well.

Thanks.
                Brian

Comment

Mike,

If you had both ColorX and #66 on the shelf, and were using the G100, would you still choose the ColorX for this vehicle detail and why? I'm just wondering when i would use #66 over ColorX.

Thanks
                  Brian

Comment

Anyone?
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');