• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another noobie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another noobie question

Hey guys I have a couple of noobie questions. First could someone tell me the diffrences if any in the Gold Class , NXT Gen., and the Mirror Glaze series. Also I'm going to completle detail my black S-10 this weekend, using the five step process as I will be going to a number of car audio shows in the next couple of months, anyway what do you guys recomend to take for toutch-ups besides Quick Detailer and glass cleaner. Sorry for the silly questions, just want to know the best way besides the old "wash and wax". Thanks!

George
    good times man.......good times

As far as difference between series, there are lots.. sort of have to pick what works for you.

The consumer line, (Gold Class and Nxt) are generaly meant to be used by hand, while the Mirror Glaze line can be used by machine.

As far as the waxes, Gold Class and #26 are polymer blends. #21 and Nxt are synthetic. I really like #21.

Do you have other questions about the cleaning products? Or certain properties you are looking for?

As far as touch-ups, after washing it can be nice to use a Spray wax to help keep up the looks, and add back a little protection. Once you are at the show though, you will really only want to use a quick detailer of some sort to keep up the looks, remove fingerprints, bird droppings, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I have been using the Gold Class car wash and Meguiars cleaner/wax and have been happy with the results. But now I have been geing the detailing bug and would like to score some more points in the aperance score. I allways liked the deep gloss look. My plan is wash- Gold Class wash
      clay bar system
      paint cleaner- deep crystal
      pollish- deep crystal
      wax- Gold Class
      Will this be OK? Also I live in central FLa where it gets kinda hot, shoud I store the detailing products in the garage where I have been or inside the AC? Again thanks for the reply.

George

Comment

Yes, your process sounds fine. I'll assume there are no real swirls/scratches to clean up? DC#1 can get some mild ones, but not a whole lot.

When you need to do a quicker detail, you can also use a cleaner/wax topped with Gold Class.. it will give a little better look/protection in a shorter time. Also, if you are a cleaner/wax fan, try ColorX. It can remove more mild swirls as well.

As far as storing, I think they say to keep products between 32 degrees and around 115 degrees or so.. maybe a little warmer. If you think it is getting really really hot, or maybe really really humid around your paste waxes, probably take them indoors.

Comment

The paint isn't perfrct , just some swirs and the usuall light scraches, but also plaining in picking up some Scrach-X also. I'm also defintly geting the DA polisher in the next couple of weeks when I get the money will I have to switch over to the Mirror Glazw or Pro Detailer series or can I use the current products. Oh heres the product list I'm plaining on taking to the shows: Quick Detailer or NXT Speed detailer. Nxt Glass cleaner(awsome stuff!), Quick detailer interior and some microsoft towels. I'm I missing anything?

George

Comment

Well, if you are going to be ordering a G-100 soon, I wouldnt worry a whole lot about working by hand.

I would still get the ScratchX, and even ColorX, as there will often be places you cant reach by machine, so you need some hand products around.

When you get your G-100, order #83, #80, and #21 or #26. You wont need as much #83. These products will remove your swirls, and really be what you want to have on your shelf.

Just go over your car with the ScratchX in the places you cant reach by PC, and then ColorX it for now. Worry about fixing defects once you have the G-100. Your arms will thank you.

Your products for shows look good.

Read these over:

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
            Last edited by Murr1525; Jun 7, 2006, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hey thanks for your help! going to the store tomorrow to do some shoping. I'm going to try to put some pics up when I'm done. Again Apreciate everything!

George

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');