• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dressing questions...still confused+other ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressing questions...still confused+other ?'s

As luck would have it, I'm be passing thru Piscataway NJ this weekend so I'll stop by PAL's to pick up some stuff. I have some dressing questions..

Hyper Dressing - it sounds really good and seems to be a great value too. Does have offer any kind of protection? It's not clear in the description. I'm currently using the Quik Interior Detailer but want something with protection.

All Season Dressing - I was thinking of getting this for the exterior - tires, mudguards, and possibly nose cover?

Since the all season dressing is a solvent based dressing, I assume it contains silicone. Isn't silicone bad for rubber and causes cracking? I've been using Hot Shine but am looking for a more verstatile alternative.

Swirl Removers -

I'm confused ... I have mild to intermediate swirls...I also have a brand new PC... do I get "Swirl Remover" or is DACP a better alternative? What is the next step after using one of those products? Do I go straight to a glaze and wax? Or is there is "finer polish" I should use first?

Thanks for all of your help in advance...this site is awesome...I've learned so much but there is still so much to learn.

First i don't know if they're open weekends(Pal's that is). Here's a link to that class, says now open saturdays 8 to noon but thats when that class is.

Piscataway Class

Second, hyper dressing. Never seen anyone on here use it for the interior, if you want a protectant try Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant .

The All season dressing i heard is real good on exterior moldings and such, i'll be getting that probably saturday. Someone maybe can chime in about the silicone and such.

Swirls. As people say, use the least most aggressive product first. Try M80 with your PC. Look at the results, if its not getting anywhere try 83. Usually people would say scratchx but you have a PC so using that will be easier. The next step after that is personal preference, some people go to polish some just go to wax.

Hope this helps, i'm sure some ppl more experienced can chime in on this.

Comment

Hyper-Dressing - Yes, it can be used on interiors and gives UV protection, etc. Just have to pick a dilution ratio to give the look/gloss you want.

ASD - Certainly good on exterior of car, can be used interior also, but will be glossier, not meant for dillution.

Hyper-dressing can be used on exterior also, but being water based, wont last quite as long. But with the diluting, you do get more of it.

As far as tires, take your pick. Plenty of people use both the H-D or ASD, and everything else to.

And no, silicone is not bad. Here is a link... gets a little messy, but you can get the picture from it. Nothing to worry about.

Good and Bad Silicone

As for your PC, #80 Speed Glaze and #83 DACP are the two really good products you want on your shelf.

You can pick a pure, or finer polish if you like, but it isnt required. #7 Show Car Glaze is a good choice for a pure polish.

#21 is a good was if you didnt pick one yet.

Basicaly, it would look like this:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. (Optional) - #83 if needed for swirls
      4. #80 - #80 for mild to medium swirls. Go back to #83 if a couple passes of 80 dont do the trick.
      5. (Optional) - Pure polish #7, or finer cleaner/polish if yo ureally want.
      6. Wax - 2 coats of your favorite wax.

And of course you know which pads go with what?

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just confirmed with PAL that they are open from 8-12. I wish my schedule would allow me to attend the class...I'll definitely be spending the $30 store credit.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');