• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

New to your forum.
    First of all I want to say THANKS! Alot of the tips & proceedures are great. Already started using some of them such as the one on wax to use a 2nd coat. Could not believe the difference that one extra step made. You guys are going to save alot of people alot of time. I do a 5 step process, but just stumbled into it by accident. Before this forum I had to go to the local body shop for major questons. By the way that is how I found out about Meguiar's products & what they can do.
    So my first queston is when I read a thread can I ask a queston that pertains to that thread? Or do I need to open a new one?
    This is what I mean. Like I said I like the 2 applications of wax. I have always used #26, but recently bought #20 to give it a try. Is their any reason that I can't use both. first application of #26 then #20. Anyone tried this or is it stupid thought.
    I have alot more questons, but will ask later
    Thanks, The Fox

If it is related, feel free to ask away. Or start a new othread, doesnt really matter. If you think your topic might invlove a long answer, then probably start a new thead.

#20 has some pretty decent cleanrs in it. You would want to use #20 first, then #26. Dont want to clean off all the wax below it, otherwise you might as well just use 2 coats of #20.

Ask away
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. Was wondering if one would affect the other. There again time saver or trial & error if you want to call it that. Was just seeing alot of posts on wax & which one lasted the longest vs the deeper shine with other. Was trying to kill two birds one stone. Missed em both! I know what 26 does for me, and can't wait to try the #20. Sounds as it may make a good refresher wax to use in between my five step detail. With extra cleaners in it. I have been using nxt or GC for that process. I work at a car wash, so wash it pretty often which in turn degrades my wax job. The soap used in those is very harsh.
      Later The Fox

Comment

Not dragging brushes or anything over your finish are you? Just hitting it with the soapy water?

I think Superior Shine has used #20 a lot by machine... works great for a quick detail on a good finish. Not sure on the amount of polish in #20.
        Last edited by Murr1525; Jun 8, 2006, 10:08 AM.

Comment

no on the brushes. I work their remember! seen to many engines washed with those. MF wash mit & their presoak if it is really dirty. Other than that just spray it off with high pressure. Their soap has the affect of dish soap compared to meguiar's soap. Too much work with a DA to get those swirls removed. The only reason that I use it, its free & handy, with an added plus in winter.
          Thanks, Fox

Comment

I am not sure how much polish #20 has in it, but #20 certainly would be good for quick details after washing. You are working by hand at the moment?

You might want to use the MF wash mitt though on washes before you use it, just to make sure all dirt is wiped off. Dont want to pick up dirt on you pad when waxing.

Comment

No not by hand. Porter Cable is what I use with meguir's pads. I have just always called it a DA buffer may be the wrong termanology.
              In my past details I use clay #83 followed by #7 several times until it glows like a light bulb, and #26 to protect it all.
              on my next one I will use the same proceedure but use #80 intead of #83 Skip #7, and go to # 20 two times.
              My finish still looks good & don't feel like I need the stronger cleaners of #83. It will be tough for me to leave #7 out, because it is amazing what it does. #80 is more of a machine glaze anyway. Your thoughts?
              By the way it is a white GMC truck.
              Thanks The Fox

Comment

All the names are fine, I just couldnt tell if you had a PC/G-100/DA already or not. #20 would work by hand, but you can take more advantage of the cleaning ability of #20 using the PC.

It is usualy recomended to follow #83 with #80, as the #83 doesnt always leave that perfect finish, which #80 will get much closer to.

You could possibly still see improvement with #7 after #80, but shouldnt be as much, or maybe only 1 pass of #7.

But give #80-->#20x2 a try first, or even on one section. Then try #80-->#7-->#20x2 on another section, and see if you can see anything different. And try #26 topped on a section if you want, etc.
                Just fine tune your combination.

Comment

Ok sounds good. It always helps to learn all you can before hand about Meguiar's poducts before you start with something you have'nt used before. I started out with the consumer line in the maroon bottles. Only by talking to people with trial & error gotten to where I'm at now. All that they have is specialized to do different things with that paint. Thats why I'm really gonna like this forum.
                  Thanks again, The Fox

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound58
                    Ok sounds good. It always helps to learn all you can before hand about Meguiar's poducts before you start with something you have'nt used before. I started out with the consumer line in the maroon bottles. Only by talking to people with trial & error gotten to where I'm at now. All that they have is specialized to do different things with that paint. Thats why I'm really gonna like this forum.
                    Thanks again, The Fox
                    I started the same way, and now I try to hepl others. I can't get enough!
                    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Used your suggestions on my truck. Turned out beautiful.
                      It has had a 5 step in feb, and towel was strarting to drag. So this is what it got. Clay roof & hood followed by #80 entire truck, followed by #7 hood & roof, followed by hand polish hood only (alot of work their) x 2 of #20. Man did it turn out nice!
                      Really like #80. To where I was using #7 in several applications. #80 got me their much quicker. Now on the #20, that 2nd coat was really tough to see where I had been. (White on white)
                      #26 has a yellow tint, didn't have that problem. Now that its on, will see how it lasts.
                      couple questons though. Can you use the hand polish with my PC & a finish pad, low speed 2 or 3? Or is it strictly by hand?
                      Second queston. Which works the best with dark paint 20 or 26?
                      Thanks, The Fox

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');