• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet Question

I have been using a couple of water magnets to dry my car. I have been folding them and wiping the water off. When they are dry, they seem stiff and I keep thinking that they will scratch my car. Should I lightly wet them before I use them, or am I completly using them wrong. I would hate to be inducing scratches while drying my car.

I plan on switching to water magnets. I'm using the microfiber drying towels right now. They work really good. Like a thin absorber that doesn't grab. I'd just like one that is washable. I know for the MF towel, it tells you to wet it, and squeeze it before using it. I'd probably do the same w/ the water magnet.

Comment

I don't think the water magnet works very well after it is saturated, I always get streaks with it. I do not have any problems when it is dry. I love the towel, but only have one. This causes me to always reach for the trusty absorber. Anyways, I would not wet it first myself.
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

I wash mine after each use... no softeners or anything, and they work fine.

I have a bunch, but usualy use 3 for drying. I can use 2 if I wring them out halfway through, and get most water out. But I am not into wringing out, I just grab a dry one.

Get a 3-pack cheap from ADS for a little longer...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
          I wash mine after each use... no softeners or anything, and they work fine.

I have a bunch, but usualy use 3 for drying. I can use 2 if I wring them out halfway through, and get most water out. But I am not into wringing out, I just grab a dry one.

Get a 3-pack cheap from ADS for a little longer...
          Three is the magic number...two just aren't enough...and they work great !!!
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I normally dry a mid-size SUV with one Water Magnet.

The Marine Water Magnet Drying Towel is bigger than the car version. Might be worth a try if you need more capacity.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
              I normally dry a mid-size SUV with one Water Magnet.

PC.
              Do you wring it out along the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                Do you wring it out along the way?
                Not usually. There normally isn't enough water in the towel to wring it.

I only us it on paint, glass and lenses. I use a different towel/chamois on the steel bumpers, unpainted grill, spare tire and such.

Some of that is from the SoCal weather. It's warm and dry here, water starts evaporating quickly.

PC.

Comment

Yeah, water will sit longer here... and my hose doesnt seem to like to let water run out and sheet nicely, so I just do the best I can.

Comment

It takes me three of the Marine Water Magnets to dry my car completely and then I use a regular size one for the door jambs/trunk lid. hood etc.

Mort

Comment

I will surely get some more. I have a Ram Quad cab and I hope four will cover it all.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy
                        I will surely get some more. I have a Ram Quad cab and I hope four will cover it all.
                        You will need 4..

I have a black Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab 4x4, and it takes 4 of them. I wash my truck once a week, and I love the WM. It dries it streak free.
                        Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

My ADS list is getting longer and longer. I'll try to just spend $100 my first order. I will make sure the WM 3-pack is on the order.

Comment

I have a supercab F-150 w/ a 6.5 ft bed and it takes 1-2 regular water magnets to dry my truck which I've eliminated to 1 marine water magnet, but I do use a super suede drying cloth for plastics. Maybe it's the hot weather in AZ though. even early in the morning or at night I have to dry quickly before spots show up. Water sheets off my truck almost completely though.

Comment

I just picked up my first water magnet..I love it!..but I did make the mistake of thinking it was an "absorber". Once it gets soaked no amount of ringing will get it dry and you will be left with wet/dry streaking spots, if you know what I mean. Then it clicked its a DRYING TOWEL! duh haha..so now I'm going to pick up 2 more and use my absorber for those pain in the butt leaky areas of the car. I love the way the water magnet feels drying the car! I highly recommend it..but pick up at least 2!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');