• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean areas that don't get washed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean areas that don't get washed?

How do you clean all those areas that you don't get as part of the exterior car wash...you know the:
    • door jambs
    • moonroof sills
    • door hinge areas
    • etc.

Do I use a wet soapy, microfiber towel?
    Do I use a wet mf towel with quik detailer?

My concern is the dirt/dust on those areas will scratch the finish if I simply wipe them.

Tough Areas

I use a regular 100% cotton towel and go in there and wipe them out as part of the regular wash routine. (Not an expensive cloth, just a cheap one). When it's clean, I wax these areas when I wax the car also(Just use a different cloth). You'll be amazed at how good a job you can do.
    Sentrarob

Comment

iff they are not too dirty a 2 microfibers and a quick detailer will do the trick.
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

I use APC and some grunt MF towels to clean.
        Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Originally posted by Magic
          I use APC and some grunt MF towels to clean.
          Same but I use Last Touch or #34

For the moon roof, I spray onto a mf first then gently wipe out any dirt in there.
          Last edited by F-150; Jun 14, 2006, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I use small Boar's Hair Brushes and regular wash solution. If I can't rinse the areas with the hose (by leaving the door/trunk slightly ajar) I just rinse them with the brushes and/or use a little QD on the towel I use to dry them. As long as they're polished smooth and well-LSPed they'll wash up and dry quite easily. It's when they're rough and dirty that they're a pain.
            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I have a water nozzle with a mist setting. It works great for rinsing the jambs after a soap down with a MF towel.
              Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

For door jambs, I just use a QD and a terry cloth or MF towel.

Comment

I just got a better idea for sun roofs. Tape and use plastic sheets so nothing gets into the interior and spray with a detailing spray and wipe off.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');